1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hand Shakes for Hosts/Security/Waitress

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by captaineaj, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captaineaj

captaineaj Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just after some help!

In Australia the night life is completely different so we dont do Bottle service like they do in Vegas, but ive made 1 rule for when im in vegas. and that is always bottle service! Im yet to go to a club or pool party and not have bottles.

This is my 4th time in Vegas but i just want some help with the whole Tipping the host and security and waitress when you get bottle service.
    I want to make sure im not tipping too much but definitely tipping enough..

How much should you tip the host/guy who walks you to your table?
    How much should you tip your security at your table?
    How much should you tip your waitress?

I know obviously more the merrier. But i dont want to be on the lower part of the scale and not tip enough.

This year there is 2 guys and 1 girl so obviously smaller tables and day beds instead of cabanas.

Thanks
    Captain!

2. alexb7

alexb7 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually tip $100 to the main host and tip extra on the auto-grat if the security brings over some girls.

3. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey captain, just saw your post. I know that there is good information on this on jackcolton.com. This forum tends to be more gambling related while that forum is specific to the club scene.

4. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually give the security watching my table a $100 to start. He will always let girls hang out and keep your stuff safe.

I will give a host 100-200 sometimes more if they hook it up or if I tend to repeat.

The waitresses are a hit or miss. Sometimes they just sit there and are no where to be seen. If they are useful, I'll throw them an extra 100 sometimes. Remember you are paying auto grat of 20% plus tax.

If you want table service on the main floor at a top tier club (weekend), be prepared to spend 2-5k min (sometimes more on big events) depending on who is there, time of year, etc.

5. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All depends on where, what and how.

The host I deal with at WYNN has become a pretty good friend and we occasionally grab lunch while I'm out there and he texts once in a while to catch up. He even checked in more than some other friends while I was going through chemotherapy but that's another story lol. Anyways, we have become close and he always does right by me in securing me a good table for much less of a minimum than I should pay so he always gets at least $200 sometimes as much as $400.

Security is always based on what my intentions or plans are for the evening. If I'm dropping in with a few guys to have a bottle and maybe listen to a DJ set then take off maybe $40 but if I'm in it for the long haul and he's gonna keep an eye on my stuff and send over girls and kick out the previous group of girls then start with a $100 and can always go up for good service.

Riddick nailed it with servers. Remember you are getting drilled for 20% regardless but if your service is exceptional by all means go above and beyond. I've had waitress go out of their way to get me extra plastic cups to take the rest of a bottle out of the club or get us a couple free waters when we've had someone drink too much. So remember you're in for 20% on the bill to begin as a baseline but if the service is there By all means throw another $50, $100 or whatever you feel the service was worth.

6. WMU

WMU Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also keep in mind a $3000 table will actually cost $4200 after tax, tip, and entertainment fee

7. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is your host initial at wynn B Y ? xs dont add in auto grat, i usually do 200 to host to secure a lower miumum got a good deal at xs nightswim, 20 secuirty 20 runner, once drunk at 1oak we tipped and extr 120 to server by mistake after being hammered lol, i honestly think the servers get too much for the work they do,

8. RayDay

RayDay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great points. A few additions.

1) Remember 20% on a $3k tab is $600 that you are already tipping. I rarely tip above that unless I get exceptional service. The problem with bottle service is that the server is literally just carrying the bottles to your table. They may pour a few drinks for you but I typically like to pour my own drinks at the table especially if making drinks for guests. So mainly I'll tip if they do a great job socializing and are cool to hang out with. In that case I'll throw an extra $100. If they don't spend any time at the table, they get $0. And I absolutely don't feel bad about it. I tip above and beyond for exceptional service only.

9. RayDay

RayDay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2) SECURITY - Depending on your goals of the evening, security can make or break your trip. From removing unwanted guests, to inviting wanted guests, to guiding you or your guests to the restroom without waiting... security can have a much greater impact on your night than the waitress IMO, so I typically "invest" in the recruits relationship the most.

I'll tip $100 to start. You'll find most other tables won't be tipping security this much and you will get the majority of the attention. I'll explain my goals to security and let the, know that I will tip and additional $100 for exceptional service in meeting these goals. This will usually be in the form of approx $20-40 at a time throughout the night. You will not regret doin this.

*Always tip security in cash. Do not add additional tip to bill at the end of the night and expect that security will see their fair share.

3) BUSSERS/RUNNERS - I usually tip them $40 at the beginning of the night. They bust their a** and I feel they deserve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.