1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife comp/booking question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by gpburdell, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpburdell

gpburdell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to Vegas for the second week of March Madness. I booked an Mlife offer at Aria for 4 nights. Plans changed and we are flying in 1 day earlier on Wed 3/25. I checked and a room at Aria for that Wed would be $400. So, I wound up booking that Wed at Monte Carlo through Mlife using the tier discount offer that's always there.

My question is will staying at Monte Carlo going to screw up my Aria offer? I've read that you're supposed to wait 72 hours between offers. I wasn't sure if booking a room with just the tier discount counted toward that or not.

I will call Aria to ask, but figured I'd ask here too.

thx

2. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last month I booked an offer for 2 nights free at Mandalay Bay, and at the same time booked 2 nights for my sister in law using the gold tier discount (room was in my name). There was no issue.

3. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would call Aria's VIP services. I have found that any additional nights beyond my comp nights are usually lower over the phone than the website shows. Wouldn't hurt to check so you didn't have to move or have to stay at MC.

4. deadeyefive

deadeyefive Big Daddy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you call Vip services, ask to talk to a host. They will probably extend your stay without too much issue.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be able to either book the first night online using your Tier Discount (reserve the same room type, you'll have 2 confirmation numbers but they'll combine them at check in and you won't have to move), or call VIP Services at Aria and get the discount (they should be able to just add the night to your existing reservation).

I just went through this last week where a VIP Services rep at Bellagio was confused about the policy and wouldn't book a Tier Discount stay at Bellagio immediately following a comp stay at MGM Grand.

• Aria VIP Services booked the Tier Discount without questioning it.
    • On a 2nd call to Bellagio, they booked it without issue.
    • I emailed [email protected] seeking clarification and they confirmed that a Tier Discount is not an offer and the 72 hour policy does not apply. You can book a comp and a Tier Discount back to back.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I would do this and even pay a bit more if needed to avoid moving.

7. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a great example of a time to pick up the phone -- they should be able to work some magic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.