1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hey from LA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by InDaGreen, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InDaGreen

InDaGreen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone!

I'm Dan from Los Angeles, a sports bettor and low-stakes craps player who has been making two trips annually on the 15 to indulge in those habits for about the last seven or eight years. I'm always out in Sin City for the Las Vegas Bowl in December to place bets on bowl season and enjoy the low-key atmosphere before Christmas, along with a visit in March for NCAA hoops betting. I've actually traded in the start of the Big Dance for the preceding week of conference tournaments, enjoying the chance to see games in person at the MGM Grand Garden and Thomas & Mack.

I usually stay at Aria or Vdara, and try to mix in one nice meal per trip to offset the onslaught of whiskey and Secret Pizza I subject myself to. I enjoy Cirque shows and the Bellagio Conservatory, but have yet to see Absinthe even though everyone gives it rave reviews.

The closest I have come to a good Vegas story was playing craps at the Cosmopolitan on a December Monday morning with NFL linebacker Joey Porter a few years back. Once he left, the dealers were trashing him for his failure to tip appropriately compared to his bets/buy-in.

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board Dan!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.