1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Chophouse corkage fees

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ken2v, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you guys know the corkage at various Vegas chophouses? Bottle limits?

Thanks.

2. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've BYO'd at StipSteak before. I want to say they charged us $50 for a magnum. Was really easy -- I think they had a two-bottle limit (although I've also seen them waive that limit). Don't think I've BYO'd to any other steakhouse in Vegas.

May be inquiring with Prime soon about their policy. Will keep you posted! Great topic.

3. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, do. I'll make a few calls after we cull the field of options.

It's weird living in wine country, where most eateries welcome with open arms outside wine and many don't charge corkage, and those that do aren't usurious about it. And you just don't see the Big City markup if ordering from the house's list. I know in a big fancy schmancy joint with a grande wine program and a somm that there are some massive carrying costs, but it's still silly given what some charge.

(I wrote this in a quick TR in the fall: We had a big chuckle in Vancouver when a wine we can get through one of our clubs for sub-$20 was listed north of $100.)

4. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $50. at SW last year. Made more sense bringing a nice bottle with us than paying for a comparable bottle from their wine list that would have been 5+ x this corkage fee.

5. pdxjayhawk

pdxjayhawk Tourist

Some of the places in LV can be a bit of a pain in the ass about it.

Often times they'll allow it (with a $40-50 fee) but only if the bottle is not on their wine list.

6. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll take the hassles over the Texas rules any day. To BYOB? You can only do so at a place that has either NO liquor license or a beer-wine license only. If they have a full bar and sell liquor? BYOB is illegal. That makes sense.

7. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And it just doesn't have to be a big deal. It's just seems that often the more affected the wine program the more of an ordeal they often choose to make it.

We had brunch at Alisal Resort yesterday -- that's by here, in Solvang, obviously not Vegas (or NY or LA or Chicago). We took a bottle of Transcendence Pinot and a Flying Goat sparkler, the server didn't even flinch or bat an eye or grumble an utterance, appropriate glasses came out in a flash, a chill bucket for the bubbly, 30 bucks went on the bill.

It's not rocket science.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  8. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And it's free money to the restaurant! I like your attitude, Ken!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.