1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Blackjack vs Slot money

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Lovegas95, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 Too much work...need more play.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been since 2009 since my last Vegas trip so I've been enjoying the free slot games on My Vegas in the interim. I'm a table player, mostly BJ and was pleased to see the addition of blackjack. That being said, I can accumulate points at a much higher rate and win more regularly than slots. Do these games mirror the real thing and basic strategy is effective, or am I just unlucky with slots and luky with BJ?

2. quaffone

quaffone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've noticed that BJ seems to pile up the points faster. Also you actually get rewarded for playing against basic strategy. Some of the challenges reward you with loyalty points for hitting on 14 or 13 a certain number of times with no regards for actually beating the dealer. I'm still learning the best ways to get loyalty points

3. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've noticed this too.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blackjack on the facebook game is the easiest way to gather LPs in a hurry if you have a healthy chipstack. I can get about 7500 LP per hour betting 49.5k per hand. I've read it is a 6 deck game shuffled every hand. House edge is about 0.5%. My experience falls in line with this.

5. Lovegas95

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the shared experiences. I sometimes play the "sucker bets" doubling in anti-basic strategy just to earn the points. After all, that is the purpose, right?

6. Lovegas95

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Landshark,
    I notice from your count down timer you'll be staying at MC. Is it a My Vegas reward? If so, what room type is expected and do you consider it worth it to try the $20 trick for an upgrade?

7. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how do you bet in blackjack? I cannot figure out how much to bet and how many hands to play to efficiently gain lps and keep a steady stack of chips.. with the high table limits is it practical to keep essentially doubling your bet every time you lose? basically playing a negative progression? so whatever your base unit is maybe something like 5k 10k 15k 30k 60k 120k?

8. jsmits

jsmits Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the strategy behind betting $49.5k / hand?

9. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Betting 49.5k takes 4 hands to fill your gold coin. 50k takes 3. So you level up a lot more betting 49.5k before hitting the daily LP cap from standard play. If you plan to keep leveling up well after hitting the 2000 LP cap, then betting 50k is fine.

I would bet about 1 to 2% of your current chip stack per hand (one hand at a time) until you reach a bet size of 49.5k. The max bet on the game is 50k/hand. The real key to moving up your chip stack though is daily spins/chip farming and not playing all the time.

10. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the three nights will be a MyVegas redemption for a deluxe room. Not sure what makes the room "deluxe" though. And definitely going to try the $20 trick. Worked out well when we stayed at TI last June.

11. tnyqst

tnyqst Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tringlomane,

Do you play 1 seat betting $49.5k, 3 seats betting $49.5k each, or 3 seats betting $16.5k each for a total of $49.5?

Is this betting strategy for mobile BJ or facebook BJ? If facebook BJ, is there a separate 2000 LP limit for BJ and slots? Or is the 2000 LP limit BJ + slots in one day?

Thanks

12. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One seat at 49.5k.

It's Facebook.

The 2000 LP cap includes any slot play.

13. Lovegas95

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks...:peace:

14. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    whats a healthy chip stack? i usually hover around 1 million chips and better 49.5k per hand will leave me broke in about a half hour. and it would take me a couple weeks of hoarding chips to get back to where i can dabble again.. maybe i should only gamble in a day what im able to farm in a day then i will be sure to keep a pretty consistent 1 mil chipstack?

15. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You ideally want 5M+ to bet 49.5k per hand, imo.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.