1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas 51s??

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by xman30, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas' minor league baseball team will be in town at the same time that I will be. I'm thinking about going to one of their games at Cashman Field. One of the games is at 10:30am. It's field trip day for some of the local schools. The other games are at 7pm. I've never been to a minor league baseball game (I've been to minor league hockey). Are the games worth going to? Is the stadium easy to get to?

xman30

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of fun. If you're downtown it is walkable but not the best area at night when the game lets out. If you like beer, go on $1 beer night.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very worthwhile if you like baseball... it's AAA, so it's high caliber ball.

4. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know what's cool about minor league ball? You can get an amazing seat for a very fair price and REALLY see the game up close. Many people can't afford to do that with big league games because it'd set you back triple digits.

5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great stadium, with $1 beer night and other attractions fun for all. The 51s are the Mets AAA team, and Wally Backman is their manager. I've been to a few games. It's hot in the summer, but the sun is usually not a fact beyond a couple innings in the Summer, not a factor in the Spring and Fall. Easy to drive / cab to from downtown (RTA buses also go to/from). Usually several thousand fans max, meaning it's not very hard to get to/from the stadium.

I'd recommend one of the night games and pass on the 10:30AM game.

6. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The area is why I would rather go to the day game. I was thinking I could go to the Fremont Street Experience Tuesday night on one of the express buses with a 24 pass, use the same pass Wednesday morning to get to Fremont, & then walk from there to the stadium.

xman30

7. DK528

DK528 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went a couple years ago and saw Zack Wheeler pitch - -was sitting in the first row and I'll never forget the sound the baseball made when it hit the catcher's mitt. Mets have a bunch of great young pitchers and some hitters so should be a good team! I had a rental car and it was easy to drive to -- don't know about public transport options.

8. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have been to a 51s game and really enjoyed it. May have been the first rain delay ever, though. No one seemed to know exactly how to roll the tarp out. A good seat, a couple of dogs and a couple of beers won't set you back more than around $25. And there are a zillion promotions going on - check them from their Web site.

9. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Wednesday day game I want to go to has the promotion "Smoker's Strike Out 12th Annual School Day Game." Field trip day for Clark County 5th graders. What type of food does Cashman Field have?

xman30

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.