1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lots of Spa Treatments and Shows Booked for April Trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Flowers, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is for those of you who are fellow super crazed Vegas trip planners like I am. :wave:

I'll be in Vegas from Friday, April 3rd until Sunday, April 12th and 99% of my trip is planned down to the last detail. I know I may not do 25-30 percent of what is on my itinerary but the spa treatments and shows typically stay on as does the gambling of course. What falls off sometimes are an expensive meal or two as sometimes with a big breakfast and a late lunch I decide to pass on a heavy dinner, especially if I am dining solo. My multi-page itinerary is color coded, e.g., gambling time is green, meals are in purple, spa treatments in hot pink, shows are in orange, etc. The first half of the trip I will be solo and the second half I will be joined by my Vegas running buddy, DBueler. :thumbsup:

I have booked across the 9 days 3 massages (Erlinda at Flamingo, Mitzy at Bally's and TBD at Caesars for a Sports Massage my last full day), a facial (Shirley at Bally's), a Chinese foot treatment (TBD at Mandarin Oriental and at the suggestion of a fellow VMBer), and a manicure and hair trim and blow dry my last day in Vegas (Caesars) so I'll be ready for work that Monday. Shows pre-paid or reserved include Clint Holmes at the Smith Performing Center (my first time there and in the evening of my first full day in Vegas), Elton John, Absinthe, 2 Diamond Shows (I'll use my two monthly tickets to attend two different shows solo), Showstoppers at Wynncore (followed by Michael Monge in the Encore's Eastside Lounge), Barry Manilow at MGM and Diana Ross at the Venetian my last night. Lots of meals, from simply fruit and granola for breakfast at the Bally's spa pre and post treatment to my first dining experience at SW during my 2-3 day stay at Encore. Blueberry french toast at Mon Ami Gabi, tea at the Mandarin Oriental (post the foot treatment), dinner at Border Grill, lots of small plates at Giada's and the Bachannal Buffet for breakfast are among those on the dining list.

I also want to try and make it back to the Neon Museum for an evening tour and allot a solid half day for a coupon run, but even with 9 days, given the activities noted above and planned time to chill by the Encore or Caesars pool and just walk the strip, I've run out of time! LOL. Seriously though, this is why I love Vegas! I love Double STP DDB (I can play for hours at a time), playing some slots and now black jack but what I love most about Vegas that I can't quite get anywhere else is being able to do all of the above and more, which, except for Clint Holmes at the Smith Performing Arts Center, are all within walking distance of each other.

This is probably far too packed of a trip for some of you but when you are in Vegas for 9 days you have to have lots of other activities in addition to gaming or it can get extremely expensive! I also find with the non-gaming activities like those I have planned, I can have a great Vegas trip, even if I don't come back with a few W2Gs, though I'm hoping for a LOT!

I LOVE VEGAS and am so ready to be there in just under 6 weeks! :woohoo:

2. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like an incredible plan....love all the massages!
    Enjoy!

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Blonde4Ever!

4. daniela

daniela Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love all the spa treatments!!!!! I'm a spa girl too and have been to most spas in Vegas. Please write a review of your treatments!!!

I'm going for four days in March and I'm still undecided which massages to get, I'm thinking of giving the Bellagio spa a try for the first time!

I didn't know that if you are solo you can request two tickets for two different shows for the Diamond tickets. Thanks for the information!

Have a great time in Vegas and I'm really looking forward to read your TR!!!!!

5. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip! I used to go out every other week but if i had to go for 9 days straight, I wouldnt know what to do. Seems like you have alot planned to keep you entertained. Enjoy!!

6. daniela

daniela Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every other weekl!!!???? Wow I thought I was bad for going every month lol......

7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the treatments but also comparing and contrasting them/experiencing their differences. I live in NYC but one of the best facials I have received ANYWHERE has come from Shirley at Bally's and the price is right to boot! I've booked her at 9 am (at 8 or 9 am a Bally's classic facial is just $99) plus I have my seven stars discount of 25% off the special $99 price, so I can get a great facial and leave a healthy tip for just under $100. Not all of my treatments are that inexpensive but I love that I can have a great experience at a great price!

I'll definitely do a write up regarding my treatments. I've been to many spas in Vegas and Qua, hands down, remains my favorite, though I like certain spa professionals at some of the other facilities. This will be my first time visiting Mandarin Oriental's facilities. I've visited the Wynn spa before and thought it was nice but definitely did not compare to Qua. I'm looking forward to trying the Encore spa. Both the Flamingo and Bally's spas are a bit dated and small but there is something intimate and old school that I like about both of them. In addition, the treatment professionals I have used were great and and the spa attendants were welcoming and attentive.

And yes, you can definitely do a ticket each for two different shows for the Diamond tickets. I've done it for years when I've been in Vegas solo. I've even done it during a trip that crossed two months and so did FOUR solo shows!

Thanks for the good wishes!

8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Broncfn. Yes, with traveling from the east coast taking basically a day each way I just don't see going for less than 4 or 5 days and while I get a lot of vacation time it's better for me to take vacation a week at a time, so when I go to Vegas I like to do a full week plus a weekend on the front and back end. If I lived closer I might visit more often but for much shorter trips.

9. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did say used to haha

10. daniela

daniela Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Flowers!!!! I will definitely use my two tickets from now on :)

Qua is my favorite spa too. I've been to all the major spas on the strip minus Bellagio. Wynn was such a big disappointment, I was expecting a much better facility from a property like the Wynn. Definitely try the spa at Encore, it's really nice and very quite.
    I never got a treatment at the Mandarin Oriental but used the facilities a few times and I like the spa. Top notch out of this world customer service!!!! The only negative for me about that spa is that it's too bright with the big windows overlooking the strip.

I will write my reviews of the spa at the Bellagio and of their stone massage when I go at the end of March! Another spa I'd like to try is the one at Green Valley Ranch. We'll see if I'll make it there :)

11. daniela

daniela Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haha you're right! Nothing wrong with going to Vegas every other week though and I've done it in the past. Now I cut back to going every month :)

12. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We really are peas in a pod! :) I am crazy envious you will be seeing both Elton and Barry. I can't wait to read your TR! :) I hope you find the foot treatment as relaxing as I did :)

13. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sooooo excited! I saw Elton was playing and I would love to see him again... but he was only playing on the night we have Diana Ross tickets while I'm there.... enjoy that show!!
    Counting the minutes!
    diane

14. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in Vegas when you are , Ap 5-9 , I was just there in Jan 17-24 , Saw Elton also, and for some unknown reason, got an offer from CP for 3 nights and TWO complimentary tickets to Sir Elton~~ was an offer I couldn't refuse lol ~ Bringing a friend who only saw him once like 20 yrs ago in Canada here.... taking her to Raiding the Rock Vault too at the Trop, I love that show , will be my 3rd time ; still need to decide other two nights
    Have a blast!

15. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flowers - I always enjoy your posts, as a fellow gal who loves Las Vegas. Be sure you post after you return! I am going in a couple weeks. Wish I could afford to go to the spas but can't right now. Will still enjoy the trip though - I love Las Vegas and go about four times a year...

16. daniela

daniela Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I very rarely get spa treatments because they're very expensive and I can have the same quality massage for way less here in Los Angeles.

But I always go to the spa just to enjoy the facility and relax every trip!!! I would recommend that if you can afford treatments. The day pass is generally $20 to $ 40 at the most expensive spas on the strip but it grants you access to the spa for the whole day!!!! Totally worth it in my opinion!

We should have a VMB ladies meet at the spa :)

17. daniela

daniela Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas Diva I got the same offer for Elton John tickets but when I try to book it online it gives me an error message. Did you call to book yours?

18. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indeed and regarding the foot treatment, I hope so too! It sounds wonderful. Booked it last night while watching the Oscars. ;)

19. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Elton before years ago but figured it would be great to see him again. Looking forward to see you in about 6 weeks!

20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks VegasDiva! DBueler treated the both of us to Raiding the Rock Vault a few years ago when it was at the LVH. DB is a bigger rock music fan than I am but I thought the show was GREAT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.