1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

e by Jose Andres... any VMB reviews?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by cjlangston, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjlangston

cjlangston Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am booking 2 seats for our next LV trip and am excited to be "accepted" at this late date (3 weeks out). Does anyone have a review to share on e by Jose Andres?

2. DK528

DK528 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping you post a review of your golden ticket adventure. I can't help but think of Willy Wonka.

4. KnotGillty

KnotGillty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a one of a kind experience an very unique food. Worth the money and if you really want to drop some dough, get the high end wine pairing with the meal (~$500 pp). Was there over superbowl weekend. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

5. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the premium wine pairing last May(most expensive). This is an expensive meal, a fun meal. The staff is entertaining, and I asked a lot of whacky questions and they had no problem with answering anything.

My ratings high score is 10 = spectacular, 1 = was like eating out of a street gutter the day after a night on the town in the French Quarter

Getting the Golden Ticket in the Mail = 10
    Anticipation = 10
    Sitting in front of the restaurant = 7 as I recall it was sort of like a picnic table, I was expecting a little bit better than that.
    The other people = 8, (three people were real quiet), two other couples were a lot of fun
    Going back to the dining room = 10
    Sitting in the room = 9
    Being there with my son = 10
    The Staff = 10
    The food = 7
    The Bill was as expected

Watch out on the bill, they automatically include your tip. At least they did on mine. Did not matter to me, I tipped quite well because I had a good time.

For me, it was not uber spectacular. Will I go back? Doubt it. For the price I paid, I was expecting uber-specatular. I would much rather go to my favorite restaurant, Alize, and enjoy the view and the food.

Just hope that your small group is not introverts.

Get there early and you get to sit at the table out in front of the restaurant, Jaleo. You then watch the others that come looking for e but cannot find it, because there is no sign.

The signature gin drink(Joses Gin & Tonic) was not very good. Neither me nor my son liked it. I like GIN & Tonics.

Unfortunately, I lost my cameras and notes from the meal so I have no pictures to post and I cannot remember what it was that I ate.

From the menu we had, menus change for each night, although some dishes are served again. We had one diner that was here on his second time, and two things we had, he had had before. But I cannot remember which.

edible Sangria
    Cotton Candy
    Daisy
    Beet-kini
    coca de recapte
    Merienda
    Oyster & Oyster I remember this as being good
    Pescado en Adobo
    El Vermut absolutely delicious
    Cava Sangria

Fabes Con Jamon
    Kokotxas al Pil Pil
    Mar y Montana
    Morels en Papillote
    Chuleta

Torta Pascualete with Cotton Candy
    Crema Catalana Egg
    After Eight Timbal
    Ferrero Rocher
    Yemita

One of those dishes was beans, I asked for seconds. They don't serve seconds.

One thing was a liquid filled gel thing, I think it was the Cava Sangria. It was good, but be VERY careful the liquid will EXPLODE and if you are like me it will dribble out of your mouth and on to your jacket and tie. Yes, I wore a jacket and tie, and I was over dressed.

There was this one dessert that was some sort of olive oil thing in this HUGE dish. The dessert was teeny tiny, maybe occupied 1% of the dish/bowl. I would not call it dessert my rating = 2. My son took a small spoon taste then just pushed the stuff around in the dish to make it look like he tried it.

I remember that the second sitting was at a table in the restaurant and not sitting outside of the restaurant at the picnic table thing.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  6. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds awesome, thanks all for sharing!

7. cjlangston

cjlangston Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    will do my best; the wife and I are both foodies and really dig this kind of unique experience. I'm hopeful we remember to take plenty of photos

8. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is also pronounced A as in way or hay.

It is not E as in see.

9. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I've been mispronouncing ee cummings' name all of these years? [emoji20]

10. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe a VMB member (alexanbo) had an excellent review - complete with pictures and descriptions. It was from a few years back.

11. cjlangston

cjlangston Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good review, though a bit dated from 2011

i'm hopeful someone else can chime in with something more recent

12. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there in March 2013, and it was absolutely fantastic. Incredibly fun. About two dozen courses in the span of roughly three hours. Quickly paced. Highly interactive. I don't have time to post pics and a fuller review at the moment, but I'll dig out my menu and some pics and circle back on this thread. It is absolutely worth it. A lot of fun. You can talk to the chefs as they plate everything in front of you. It was highly informative -- really gives a unique perspective on molecular gastronomy and food generally.

13. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are dining there in April and it's been on my "list" for some time! Looking forward to reading about your experience!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.