1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frontier Airlines

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Dynasty22, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynasty22

Dynasty22 Blackjack Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a little late to be asking as I just purchased the tickets, but I thought I would anyways. I read some older reviews on Frontier Airlines but wanted to see if anyone has flown with them in recent time and how your experience was? I paid an extra $5 to sit towards the front of the plane with a little extra leg room, 4th row to be exact. Just seeing what your experience and opinions were on this airlines. My girlfriend and I are flying rountrip STL - LAS. This will be her 1st time ever flying and I love flying so I am hoping she will enjoy it.

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flown them several times with no issues except a few somewhat-late flights.

They're not as cheap as they once were and there's a rumor that they will be cutting flights in our market (OMA).

3. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've flown them a few times out of Branson. They have been late a few times due to weather in Denver, but I have no complaints. FA's are friendly, upfront seats have plenty of legroom. Their terminal in Denver does get very crowded though, they need more space.

I wish they still flew into Branson!

4. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Former customer here. They were great when they were still in the mode of "Midwest Airlines" but then they decided to morph into "Spirit Airlines" so I've been done with them. Been stranded in Denver overnight twice while in route to Las Vegas. One of those times they deliberately tricked me against rescheduling as they want to push all customers to their hub in Denver (it was a weather delay, figured I wouldn't make my connection, attempted to reschedule to the next day...Frontier insisted this was not a good idea, I ended up stranded in Denver overnight, filed a complaint with airline, blah blah blah they gave me a $15 credit toward another flight LOL)

At this point I'd probably give Spirit a try over using Frontier again.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The old Midwest Express ("Now a part of Frontier") was my fave airline to fly for a while. Lots of room and free cookies! :)

One other thing I just thought of about Frontier is that often times they are big-plane/little-plane roulette. One caution, if you get stuck on one of those teeny toy planes and transfer in Denver, the gate is often (not always) outside with stairs and no jetway! It's COLD and often windy in the winter there! They seem to have jetways at all of the other places I've flown with them.

6. Dynasty22

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luckily I have a direct nonstop flight both from STL - LAS and LAS - STL. So hoping it all goes smooth with no delays. The flights aren't until late July.

7. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lucky you, Frontier connects to mostly Denver for every flight flying out of Minneapolis (MSP)

8. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I used to fly them a lot, but not much anymore since they went to the new pricing structure. I'm not sure where you bought your tickets, but if you bought them using a 3rd party site like travelocity, orbitz, kayak etc be aware that there is a fee for all luggage including carry on's, and even if you bought from Frontier.com you will be charged for carry on and checked luggage depending on the fare you purchased.

Have a fun trip!

9. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew home on them from Vegas on Monday. I paid for the seats with more leg room up front. It was just basic transportation. They were on time and I arrived in Chicago safe, however there was nothing extra.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  10. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be flying on Frontier to Vegas for the first time in April. The website was confusing at time of purchasing. I pre-paid for seat assignment and thought I clicked to prepay for checked bag to save money, but then it didn't show up and I wasn't charged for it. Do I pre-pay for checked bags when I check in 24 hours ahead? It's not going to be convenient to check in for the return flight in Vegas 24 hours ahead, so I guess I'll pay more at the airport check-in counter?

11. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they are anything like spirit, prepay for you bag before you check In. Once you check in the bag fees get higher.

12. Dynasty22

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I purchased my tickets directly off the website. It's the cheapest flights I could find and that's including the extra fees and it being nonstop. When I check in 24 hours before the flight, I'll pay for our checked baggage.

13. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew last month on a last minute fight, which was twice as cheap as other offerings including SWA, and it was great. Paid for the carry on bag and exit row, well worth it. TV on the flight as well.

Would fly again. Would never fly Spirit, but everything was great on Frontier. Just pay for the extra seat room as the leg room looked really small, and it's not much more for the upgrade.

I always fly direct, one can have problems via any airline on a connecting flight due to weather, mechanical issues, flight crew delays or anything else to make you late.

14. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Same experience last month on a Frontier non-stop from OHare to SLC. Cheap price, on time and for a first-time user, I'll be back.

15. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They charge you to check your bag each way, which I realize is quite common these days. But they've raised that fee twice in 2 yrs.

Most times you will have to pay extra for anything other than a middle seat. They are exceptions/occasions where they assign the seat to you, and you won't have to pay extra.

Oh, and if you want a can of soda during the flight, you will pay for that too. That's got to be the tip of the iceberg when it comes to price gouging.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  16. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm signed up for the Discount Den or whatever it is, which will give me a discount on the FIRST checked bag. Does that include the first checked bag of my son traveling with me or does he have to sign up individually?

17. Sage V

Sage V Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew it of St Louis thenThursday before Super Bowl. The check in counter wasn't packed and I even got a courtesy upgrade to the exit row. Didn't have to even ask. Surprisingly it wasn't a full flight ether. I think that once people keep hearing about it, it will gain passengers. The Frontier gate is located near a Starbucks and a sandwich/wrap type of place.

The WTF moment on the flight was when the flight attendant wouldn't let anyone else move to the exit row with me or across from me. I had the whole exit row of 3 for me and empty across the aisle...Who would have opened the doors in an emergency???

Sign up for the frequent flyer club.. It will save you $5 off of baggage when you sign in on line...

You will go to Terminal 3 when you arrive in Vegas. No problems with exiting the terminal. Ground transportation was straight ahead and the rental car bus was to the left at the end of the building ( not a long walk..)

18. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does that include the first bag of my son (flying companion) or does he have to sign up himself to get a discount?

19. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't worry, you will be fine. You have direct flights so no Denver worries. I have been flying with them out of Cleveland because they have had some great deals. My last two non stop flights were on time and even early. I only had one bad Denver experience but it was weather related. I still made it to Vegas a few hours late but we can't control the weather. As long as they offer non stops out of Cleveland I will go that route. Bring a bag with snacks or get something before you leave. They charge for everything but the low cost for the flight more than make up for it.

20. Sage V

Sage V Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Each man for themselves! It looks like it's going up after May 1st... It will be $20 with the frequent flyer account for on line purchase...

Cheaper than bringing a carry on ....unless you can fit everything in your personal item..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.