1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I just gotta say...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Anew, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anew

Anew Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am so tired of winter. Yesterday morning the windchill was -33, this morning the actual temp is -15. I can't wait to be in fabulous Las Vegas. Nothing better than a winter escape to Vegas with my sweetheart. We are looking forward to a great stay at the Mirage to enjoy some pool time, some cocktails, some slots, and seeing Love.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only downside is the return! We were there two weeks ago 73 and pure sun! Today as I type it is 6 below! Plus windchill!! UGH!!

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, got back on Monday and Vegas set two record highs while we were there. Morning temp this morning was -14 and the wind is howling, so I don't even want to know the wind chill. I know there are multiple reasons we moved from Vegas back to Wisconsin, but right now I'm having trouble remembering them.

4. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I appreciate Mother Nature putting in the extra effort to ensure I appreciate the warmer weather, I think cranking the air temp down to -3 here in east central IL is a bit of overkill. I'm looking forward to retiring my longjohns for a week, and hopefully for the season.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, everything you have ever written leads me to believe you are a very sound thinker and man of reason......... except the whole moving back to Wisconsin thing! We were in LV a couple weeks ago and the weather was just amazing. Here in Ohio it is just miserable. Everything is difficult when the temps are so extreme. Twice as long to go to the dentist, work sucks, retirement is boring, etc, etc,!

6. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a balmy 51 today in Seattle.. and all my NJ friends mocked me for moving to a place where it rains 8 months out of the year.. :)

7. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do concur.....winter sucks.

Heading for a huge cool down this weekend.
    BRRRRRRRR!!!

KABC-7DAY_LA_w450.jpg

8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The horror, the horror, indeed!!

Still a wee bit fuzzy out there so we're waiting until about 1 to tee off. Gonna head out in to the oaks and vines tomorrow for a little picnic at one of the wineries. Rotary fundraiser on Sunday but we should be able to get in an hour or two walk on the beach beforehand.

Winter sucks.

9. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spring and fall , you can't beat the weather in vegas. Winter time to me is fine also, it's just that summer heat !!!

10. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is also a hassle having to put on so much sun block before my golf round here in winter. 81* when I just played.
    Although I wouldn't mind having to use rain gear.....

11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But wait, it's just GOTTA rain. The tour is at Riviera.

12. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 80 in vegas last week and now back in sd feels like a distant memory!

Aria pool was packed on saturday idk why they didnt open both pools

13. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes me glad that I decided to stay and live in Honolulu. Golf just about every week, "cold" weather is in the high 50's but usually in the high 60's or low 70's during the daylight hours.

I went up to Seattle for job interviews (Boeing sent me up there and took care of me when i was there) in my younger days (20+ years ago). I was there for 10 days in May and I didn't see the sun my whole trip. I asked and my "sponsor" said that he saw the sun 3 weeks earlier. We visited all the plants and housing areas and looked at different jobs but it seem so depressing (so different from being in Hawaii where I see the sun almost every day) that I wasn't sure if I would enjoy living in the area. Luckily (or unluckily) the jobs offered didn't pay much more than I was getting in Hawaii so it was an easy decision to say "no thanks" to their offers. Also lucky decision for me because not long after the gov't cut back on defense spending and so they had some lean years that might have resulted in layoffs.

This past weekend was strange, on Saturday we had winds 30+mph with gusts up to 50+. I teed it up and my ball barely stayed on the tee, sometimes falling off from the gust. It was great on the par 5's (going with the wind) I was just about reaching the green in 2 (for a short hitter like me who barely hits 215 to 220 with a driver it was awesome). But then going against the wind my drives were only going 180 yards even with low shots. It started pouring rain after 7 holes so I had to quit after 9. Too bad, it was a fast moving storm so it cleared up 2 hours later but by then I was at home. I played on Monday (pres. day) and it was totally gorgeous, winds 10 mph, totally clear sky, temps in the low high 60's when we started.

I see the weather on the east coast and I consider myself lucky to live in Hawaii. Although I was born in Chicago I barely remember much (left when I was 5), all I remember was really cold winters and really hot summers.

14. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep.

Thought that last week as well when they were at Pebble.

15. robron

robron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's pretty sad when 20F makes us all say how nice it is outside. When I went outside at lunch time today it actually felt balmy, I looked at my phone and it was 18F, but no wind. The sun is getting warmer, just not warm enough to melt anything yet. We are going back into the deep freeze again tomorrow with a high of 11F and 30-35 mile an hour wind. Damn this is getting old!

16. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bad weather in Chicago all winter. Can't wait for my trip in April.

17. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are kind of all over the place in Central Texas -- it gets below 40 and we break out the parkas -- 51 degrees right now and it was around 70 and sunny yesterday but a cold front is coming in next week with highs in the 40s - gotta get my parka out again. I saw this video recently and it is a couple of years old from a Midas commercial but too funny. Dedicating to all those who have a true winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJak63y9VSI

18. Gizzmo

Gizzmo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not going to be as warm in Vegas as I would like but much warmer than here in the Midwest. Looks like we're going to get some snow over the weekend.

19. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think were in 2nd place for snow in the country. (City's above 100k)And most of it is still on the ground. White gold for my bis but damn, -27 Monday -15 right now. My wife has been working 50+ hour weeks and with me busy, a Vegas trip is planned as soon as spring gets here.

20. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those of us up here at Lake Tahoe, Nevada would sure appreciate you boxing up some of the cold and the snow and sending it to us... we know you've had your fill!!!! We've had WAY too many days in the mid-60's and very, very little snowpack... like 10% of normal and here we are at the end of February.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.