1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's the best way to get to the Palms from Bally's?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by 1LuckyMomma, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be staying at Bally's soon and want to go to the Palms to eat and explore as we haven't been there yet. I know a cab from Bally's to the Orleans is about $12.

Also, I know there's a shuttle from Bally's to Gold Coast and people talk about crossing the street to the Palms. Is there a crosswalk somewhere nearby? I've never noticed people crossing. Is it safe or all y'all just dodging cars? :confused2:

2. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a crosswalk on the west side of GC at Wynn and Flamingo. There is also a crosswalk on the east side of GC at South Valley View BLVD (near Rio) and Flamingo. These have traffic lights with crosswalk signs. You need to wait for the light to change as Flamingo is very busy! Check out Google maps.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  3. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, yeah. Take the shuttle to Gold Coast. It is free.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  4. Maylene

Maylene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea. I would also just take the shuttle to gold coast/rio and walk across the street to palms.

5. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just looked at Google maps. I can't believe I didn't realize how close it was to the Gold Coast! Boy do I feel stupid. All of these years of taking that shuttle and I've never paid attention. Thanks! Looking forward to trying the buffet and using some match play coupons. :)

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please be careful... careless people get hit in that stretch of Flamingo ALL the time!!!

7. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The #202 bus(flamingo) stops is right outside of the Palms and drops you right in front of Ballys. Runs every 15 minutes, is $2, no tip and takes 6 minutes.

8. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Um.....have you ever crossed a street before? Another vote for the shuttle to Gold Coast.

9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are two pedestrian crossings; it is as safe as any pedestrian crossing.

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly! For some reason, folks just continue to cross wherever they feel like it and get mowed down because of it.

11. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No need to be snarky. A couple of us have some mobility issues so we're always safe and use a crosswalk. :peace:

The 202 bus may be a better idea. Will see when we get there. Thanks everyone!

12. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [youtube]a-FbktgqCqY[/youtube]

I kid, you won't have a problem crossing Flamingo to get from Gold Coast to The Palms, i believe the light and crosswalk is at least 30 seconds, if not longer.

13. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the palms!! Have fun!

14. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shuttle convenient and cheap. You will catch it at the most eastern exit on flamingo Or next best take the 202 on flamingo st. next to Caesars.

15. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're planning on taking the shuttle. I'll post a trip report while we're there! We're anxious to try the Sunday buffet! The regular one, not the pajama style. :)

16. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have crossed on that crossing from the Palms to the Gold Coast, Wynn Road, at least 1000 times, drunk or sober.

You can also walk down to the street light at Royal Flush Way( I thought it was called Hugh Hefner for some reason).

If you are going during the summer, it can be hot waiting on the light. When crossing from Palms to Gold Coast, be careful of the cabs and traffic coming out of the Palms as that is where it empties out to and the cars will be right behind you.

W Flamingo Road is a HEAVILY traveled road. I wouldn't jaywalk on that one, I would use the lights. The lights all have crossing buttons and the crossing buttons actually work.

You have three shuttles to choose from.

Palms to Caesars
    Gold Coast to Orleans/Bally's
    Rio to Harrah's/Bally's.

I have ridden them all with no problems.

I think Gold Coast starts at 8 AM, Rio at 9 AM, and Palms at 10 AM. Palms ends at 8 PM, Rio and Gold Coast are something like 1 AM.

17. DoctorPong

DoctorPong Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a shuttle that takes people (for free!) from Bally's to RIO. To get to palms from there its like a block and cross a street. Then you can get back the same way. Go to ghost bar!

18. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where does one catch the shuttle to Caesars from the Palms? I didn't even know there was one! That may come in handy this trip since a lot of people I know are staying at Caesars.

19. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.