1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Magic Shows

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Dynasty22, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynasty22

Dynasty22 Blackjack Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My girlfriend and I are heading out to Vegas July 29th - August 2nd. This will be her first trip and she is wanting to see a magic show. I have never been to one out there. She originally wanted to see Chriss Angel but I have heard and read negative reviews on his shows. Would love some input and suggestion as to recommended magic shows we should go see. Thanks!

2. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Grateful Lurker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed Penn and Teller at the Rio a couple years ago. I think you find discounted tickets on Goldstar. If you're a fan you can take pictures and get autographs after the show. Before or after the show go up to the Voodoo lounge and take in the view.

3. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mac King is excellent, cheap, funny and family friendly. Copperfield's illusion show effects are pretty easy to figure out but his close up Magic is very good.

4. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Copperfield last year and really enjoyed it. He does lots of audience participation. I even got to go up on stage.

5. blackjacknz

blackjacknz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just went to David Copperfield....great show. Im still trying to work out how he did most of it :)

6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shimshi (a magician on Wizard Wars) says:

" Mac King’s show is the most bestest (yep, I’m going there) magic show out there. It’s so funny. I must have seen it 25 times. He’s polished every little piece of it over the years."

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2015/2/16/192021/750/vegas-travel/Magical+Mondays%3A+Shimshi

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw Mac King twice several years ago. The show was good but the same each time. Does anyone know if he's made any changes in the past few years?

8. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. This was one of the first shows we went to because it was in the daytime and was cheap. It turned out to be a really good show that we both really enjoyed.

Mark

9. Mooda

Mooda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree.

10. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirrors.

:beer:

11. TXCajuns

TXCajuns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since Lance Burton left Monte Carlo (his closeup stuff was the best) I'd say Penn & Teller are the most entertaining. Copperfield is good. Don't bother with Criss Angel. I like the guy and think he has a lot of talent, but the show he's in sucks. Mac King is fun if you're looking for an afternoon show (go to the Total Rewards booth, you don't have to be a member, and get a voucher to redeem at the box office. I believe it was $14.95 per ticket and included a drink).

13. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could not disagree more about Copperfield.... He made me, and my friends disappear!

Went to show 03/02 with two friends. Absolutely terrible... Predictable, weird sense of humor, and recycled tricks he did over 20 years ago. The enter audience was uninterested. After 20 minutes in, I really just wanted it to be over. Around that same time, my one friend says.. "Can we please go?" I responded "Yes" even with the risk of losing the $215 I just paid for the three tickets.

As we leave, my friend says let me see if I can talk to someone about a refund/credit. Better him than me, as I am just not that type of person. Sure enough, after speaking to the right person (Amor @ MGM) and the third party (Tix4Tonight) we were given a full refund the following day.

EXCELLENT customer service by MGM and Tix4Tonight.

As for Copperfield, please do NOT go see his show. BAD BAD BAD

14. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Jan Rouven's "Illusions" last weekend @ the Trop, and thought it was great for the price. Not a full on production show or anything, but very entertaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.