1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

E-Boarding passes

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More than likely a stupid question but with the electronic boarding pass that is on the phone, is a paper document needed to get through security? Iv not traveled since they started this and like the idea.

2. WestTexas

WestTexas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't need a paper copy. Just hand your phone to security with the boarding pass displayed.

3. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats what I was hoping for, thank you for the reply.

Guess hotels need to stop charging for boarding pass printing when you don't need the paper.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are flying SWA download their app and you can do everything right from your phone. I have not used anything at the hotels since 2011!

5. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, SWA. They just updated their app to put your boarding pass in the apple passbook for IOS which will be nice.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With or without an app, I have never figured out why people spend money printing boarding passes at hotels. You can easily print a boarding pass at the airport. We travel alot, on many airlines and have never printed a pass at a hotel. Heck, we rarely do not even do it at home.

7. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clearly you've never flown Spirit.

8. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

... or Allegiant

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, its really easy in LAS. The last time I used a hotel was 2011 at Harrah's when the clerk offered to do if for free on check out? I was like,"Okay, sure." I couldn't believe she actually offered. FIrst and last time.

10. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, Allegiant is not included in the kiosks at the airport. Also, unbelievably, some people don't have a cellphone either. Until then, the boarding pass printing is necessary (mostly included now with resort fees).

11. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it's worth, we flew Delta in December and on our way out of MSP the boarding pass on my phone scanned just fine. When we were leaving LAS, the security person tried to scan it for 5 minutes and eventually made me run back to the kiosks and print one out. It wasn't a huge deal but still kind of sucked. This was using the Delta app.

12. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clearly hasn't flown spirit. $10 to print your boarding pass at the airport. Heck is pay my hotel $10 to print it there just so the money didn't go to Spirit and their nickel and diming.

13. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But, at least most carriers have an app out now where you can display your boarding pass with no issues. But, yeah, I guess some people still don't have a smartphone to use. I know my folks don't. And, my brother and I always give them a hard time about it.

Used Allegiant's last time with no issues. Even saved the pdf to my phone to get the free play over at Golden Gate.

14. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, a slap up the side of my head with a wet pre printed boarding pass! Nope, have not flown Spirit, and only on charters with Allegiant.

15. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen this several times. For this reason, I always print my boarding pass. No way I am going to stand in security line for 30 minutes, then get turned away because I didn't take the 2 minutes to print my pass.

16. WestTexas

WestTexas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never had an issue with using the Southwest app. I also print to pdf file on my phone that is so I have a backup in case my app is not working. I have given my phone to security using both methods.

17. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Valid point. I have used the phone thing, but since I have to check bags, I just print the boarding pass right there.

18. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my last trip the tsa agents would not let me through without a printed boarding pass. I'd try to print one as a backup just in case

19. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My girlfriend uses the electronic pass, but I always print mine; usually it's because I'm checking bags so would need to go to the kiosk anyway, but even if I only have carry-ons, cell phone screens can be tricky.

Also, as to printing at the hotel versus the airport, I used to do it at the hotel because I had elite FF status, and an icon would print on my boarding pass that would let me skip most of the line to check bags. Would have defeated the purpose if I had to wait to check in at the airport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.