1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SDX single rides?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by kingpasty, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you purchase a single ride ticket on the SDX? Staying downtown this time and renting a car...was thinking about giving the SDX a try to get down to the strip if we're planning on drinking. $6 seems a little steep per person ($12 total) for the 2 hour pass. I see single rates mentioned on the website for other routes, but not for SDX/Deuce. If I'm going to pay $12 each way for the bus, I'd just as soon pay $20 for a cab and skip all the stops. Thanks!

2. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's only $2/per trip if you pay for it while getting on the bus. At least that's how much it is for the WDX. I've haven't taken the SDX yet, so I'm curious on this as well. Planning a trip over to PH at the end of March from downtown.

3. Nick Carroway

Nick Carroway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's an observation, do with the information what you will:
    I was in Las Vegas last weekend. I bought 24 hour passes to cover getting around Saturday & Sunday. I took many rides on the SDX, the Deuce, the BHX, and a couple of local, residential routes. On all but the SDX, you have to swipe the farecard when boarding; with the SDX, it's just get on and go. Out of about 8 rides on the SDX, only once did an RTC official ask to see the farecard on board. One other time, I saw an RTC official outside the bus checking those who were boarding at 1 of the 3 doors.

4. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you notice if they took cash on the bus? Or did you have to use the pre-paid card?

5. Nick Carroway

Nick Carroway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the non-SDX buses, there is a place to insert cash. On the SDX, I'm less sure. At the middle door, there is a farebox of some sort. I don't know if it sells single rides and/or longer term farecards. I usually already have a farecard from a ticket vending machine before boarding.

6. vegas!!!!!

vegas!!!!! Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't take cash on the sdx bus, its $6 for 2 hours or $8 for 24 hours for a pass that you need to buy before you board. They rarely check the passes, but I wouldn't want to take the risk not to have one.

7. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I finally found where they said they don't take it. And, yeah, I wouldn't want to risk it either. That wouldn't be a fun thing to happen on a vacation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.