1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife Knowledge? Step inside.

Discussion in 'Comps' started by sharper, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a trip coming up for March Madness. 3 days at Aria before the tournament starts as a vacation then 4 nights at the Linq during the tournament. Have only recently started staying at and giving MLife properties any play. My bankroll isn't going to generate much on the comps front at Aria but I don't care, I like staying there. My question is, once I check out of there Wednesday, I'll still be in town until Sunday. I plan on gambling every day at Aria. If I play at mirage on Friday or Saturday, will they back up and look at wednesday and Thursday no play days include it in my trip? Not really worried about comps as my play isn't at the Aria level but I don't want to make it worse by extending the trip in MLifes eyes. Should I just not use my card at MLife places after I check out of Aria? What constitutes a trip with them?

Also, if I play at other MGM properties during my Aria stay, will that hurt anything or do they treat their properties all the same like CET? Thanks in advance for any help any one can provide.

2. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During your stay at Aria, what will you be playing and what betting level?

3. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Black jack, 3-5 hours a day depending on how it's going. $25-$50 a hand. Maybe some craps but only an hour or 2. $10 pass line and odds. Some video poker and slots thrown in, mostly VP at bartops during the day. Quarter or dollar level.

4. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At that play level your comps will be minimal. You may be better off just using your card whenever you can to accrue MLife points towards pearl and gold status.

5. Lanai18

Lanai18 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will be generating virtually no comps as stated above. Especially for these dates, if you booked an offer, i woukd be worried about being charged for the dates if they were comoed based on.substantial prior.play

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't even worry about it.

But yes it will be considered one trip as you won't have 7 days in between.

7. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry, this was poor wording on my choice. Instead of comps, I should have said offers. I just started playing with MLife and right now I am getting comped nights at MC and lower properties plus some minimal free play. I'm paying for the Aria room, but at a decent rate and the offer came with a $200 resort credit. I know Im not getting any back end comps off that level of play but I don't want my theo divided by 7 days stead of 3, (if that is even how MLife does it) which could hurt the offers im getting. For the 3 days I'm there, I'll play pretty steady but once I switch to the Linq, I'll be playing primarily at CET properties. Didn't know if 3 days of the previously stated play, followed by no play days and maybe $100 here or there in vp or $5 bj could decrease any future offers I may get.

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this is a little extreme; I play a little above that level, and while I'm not getting free rooms at Aria (though I get room offers at lower-level Mlife properties), it's usually good for taking a couple hundred dollars off my bill at the end.

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the play at the end of the trip I would continue to use the MLife card after checking out of Aria:

First, you can look at what you have now and ask: What are you trying to "protect" as far as comps and offers go? You have a "good rate" and some resort credit - pretty much the most basic, lowest level comps that anybody can get usually by just signing up for their mailing list or being a fan of their Facebook page.

Realistically, even if you stiffed Aria this trip entirely, took them up on their discount and resort credit, you would still continue to get at least similar offers in the future.

Next, you would be losing out on any Express Comps that this extra play would earn. Now you might not be expecting a whole lot out of that, but it is still comps nonetheless and you really don't know just how much more play you will have: maybe you are staying at The Linq and go over to Mirage to play some VP for a little bit, but end up on a hot machine that you just can seem to lose on and you end up playing for a few hours... by not using your card you lose out on all the Express Comps and POINTPlay that play could earn you plus any future comps/offers that it might be good for.

And then for the "as a whole" and "in the big picture" thing: playing within the MLife program your play at the different properties count more for comps at each specific property, much more, than they do for within the program as a whole. Meaning if you want better offers from Aria in the future you need to put in more play at Aria - any play you put in elsewhere, whether you are staying at Aria at the time or not, does earn some credit towards the MLife program as a whole but for a much lesser amount. Thats the whole corporate offers thing that people talk about - the corporate offers generally kind of suck compared to resort specific offers and if you want better resort specific offers then you have to put in time at the specific resort. That doesn't mean don't play at Mirage, but its a two way street meaning that playing a little bit at Mirage is going to affect how Mirage sees you for future offers, but not so much how Aria sees you and their future offers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.