1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Possible Suite Upgrade @ Check-in?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by YukonSloMo, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are heading to the Aria from June 6th for a 5 night stay......

We were able to get 3 nights comped and a reduced rate for the other two nights (City View Deluxe King).

Given the time of year, is it possible to get a reduced rate for an upgrade to either a corner suite or tower suite?

I know the logic is that if you want a suite, then pay for it....But there have been times when we have been offered upgrades at a nominal price.

What do we do just ask?

2. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might have a chance since its weekdays...

Did you book through a host?

3. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The time that you check in also matters. If you arrive at 10 pm you can expect to be overlooking the air handling units on a lower floor as most rooms will have already been assigned. Check in as early as possible, even if your room isn't ready. Since you mention comped rooms I assume that you'll be using the Invited Guests desk. I've found that some of the folks there aren't that accommodating. Others may have a different experience. Either way, just ask.

Also, find out if there are any big meetings going on there that week. If there are you may be out of luck but you can always try.

4. midwestmidroller

midwestmidroller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The earlier you check in the better because they may not be full yet. I have great luck every time simply by being nice, showing enthusiasm and asking the front desk if there is any way you could get a complimentary upgrade. They are working folks. Act like one yourself and they are more willing to help you if they are "helping one of their own". Doesn't hurt to have a little cash in your hand while you ask. Doesn't even have to be a lot of cash! Have two $20s and a $10 in your hand for the tip. Get the free upgrade, tip it all. Get shot down, tip the $10 only.

5. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I did get the comps thru a host....And I am a Gold Member. I just dont get how a complimentary upgrade works thru Mlife if we are alreadfy getting 3 nights comped in a Deluxe City View Room???

We will be arriving around 1:00 pm or perhaps earlier depending about flights out of Vancouver.

I really like the idea about the two $20.00 and the one $10.00 that my friend is a brilliant suggestion :)

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah you're unlikely to get an upgrade on a comp from a host. They would usually call the host and see if he will approve it, which he won't because if he would you would have gotten the suite upfront.

7. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do realize that the corners are Aria's most popular rooms. At 1:00 there will have been dozens of people asking the same question, some of whom full paying who would also pay a few $'s more for an upgrade.
    With no host help I think the comp will work against you but it won't hurt to ask for an upgrade anyway.

8. midwestmidroller

midwestmidroller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who stays in their room anyway..

9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checking in on a Saturday is going to lower your chances of success. A lot of the good rooms will already be taken from folks checking in on Friday. It never hurts to ask nicely if there are any upgrades available when you check in. The worst they can say Is no.

10. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely! I think the chance is not very good.

11. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    who does a group slot pull anyway...

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.