1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Top of the World at Stratosphere

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Landshark, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our trip in March coincides with my girlfriend's birthday, so I'm going to treat her to dinner at the Top of the World restaurant. We're not persnickety gourmet snobs, just there to enjoy the views and some halfway decent food. Any advice on choices from the menu? Also, how much, on average, can I expect to spend for dinner for two?

2. KnotGillty

KnotGillty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Price will vary depending on how much alcohol you consume.

Most entrees are in the 35 - 60 dollar range. Then add sides as they are not included. Without alcohol you can get by with a $200 or under meal easily. Add a bottle of wine or some martinis and add xtra. The tasting menu is excellent. I believe it's $90. That one includes app, salad/soup (lobster bisque is on point), entree, and desert. Steaks are good. Seabass is good. Seafood pasta is good. Heck, I've tried most of the menu and have enjoyed 95% of it. I was just there last Saturday and had the king crab & wyagu steak with butter glaze. Very good eats.

I believe the restaurant website has a menu you can view with prices. At least they did when I last checked it.

The view is better at night than the day. Have fun.

3. davidcyndi

davidcyndi MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    here are the menus
    http://www.topoftheworldlv.com/menus.php

4. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top Of The World is my wife's first choice when she wants a classy romantic dinner. I've had excellent steaks there but have not had the fish. On the other hand, my wife has had the various seafood dishes and says they were perfect. The level of service is top notch. I really liked the dessert choices.

We usually pay about $100 to $120 per person (with drinks) by the time we're through. And, it's worth every penny.

Bill

5. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys!

6. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, sorry to thread hijack - but is the view any good at night? Or are you best going at lunch? I believe if you dine there you get free access to the viewing platform?

Thanks!

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you get free access to the viewing areas inside and outside the tower. They'll let you go up early as well. Though my wife and I enjoy the day time views, we usually get a sunset reservation for dinner. Then, as the restaurant rotates, we get a fantastic view of the lights coming up as the horizon darkens. It's spectacular to see.

Bill

8. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I ate there on our honeymoon. We did the sunset time reservation and it was spectacular! Watching the lights come on is a sight to see, and it was pretty romantic as well! I still have pictures they come around and take of you if you wish. One of the best meals we've had in town.

9. KnotGillty

KnotGillty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    go at night. It's the best view in all of Vegas as it's the highest restaurant in town. You can see 10+ miles in all directions. And because the restaurant slowly rotates, you'll get a 360 degree view of the city over the course of your meal. And don't forget to go out to the concourse after your meal where you can take in the city as well as watch the thrill rides.

10. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a good thing. Because the food there is terrible. If you like halfway decent food you won't hate it as much. Views are fantastic. Service is so-so. The ambiance feels like you're inside an off-strip hotel that's sorely in need of renovation. Like late 80s classic. Far better restaurants with a view for the same money.

I hope your girlfriend likes it. Mine would have me on the couch for a month if I took her there on a regular night. On her birthday... oy vey!

Try level 107 lounge for a drink.

Good luck!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.