1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is Groupon reliable?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by gkamer, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkamer

gkamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw someone mentioned Groupon for deals at restaurants and buffets and places. My question is are these deal reliable? What happens if you buy into one of these deals and when you get to the restaurant they refuse to honor the deal. Are you just out of luck or do you have some recourse? I never used this Groupon thing and I'm a little leery about getting burned.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never heard of a restaurant refusing their own Groupon before. They contract with Groupon to sell these, I doubt they want ill will from disgruntled customers. I have had a place go out of business before I could use it and Groupon was johnny on the spot and gave me a credit for the amount that I bought the original Groupon for.

3. robron

robron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used them for food, drinks and ATV tours with no questions asked at the time of using them. We have saved a lot of money this way.

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had no problems with Groupon. One time the restaurant had closed (completely shut down, doors locked) Groupon completely refunded my money.

I have never had anyone refuse a valid Groupon.

5. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use them all the time everywhere and have never had a problem. Bought a 2-for-1 on the Voodoo Zipline for March.

6. CALELLA

CALELLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go as far as saying they even refund you AFTER you have used the voucher!!

I received an email telling me to claim an unused voucher for Johnny Rockets in Jan last year so I emailed them and they refunded me the amount i had paid.

It was only a week or so later that I remembered that I had actually used the voucher at Bally's before heading to the card room there.

So no problems from me in recommending Groupon vouchers :)

7. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Very! i love groupon. I have never had a problem redeeming a groupon, and in fact, many coupons may have restrictions like "cannot be used same day purchased" and in fact, the vendor will almost always honor them (call first to make sure).

Vegas is the perfect place for using groupon, there are many available.

8. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Groupons/Living Social deals are so common...Im sure these restaurants and such see thousands of them and they are "the NORM" to save money. Ive used many in Las Vegas and Cleveland and have no complaints...

9. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Groupon is a multi billion dollar, publicly traded company. Their deals are very reliable. You just need to pay attention to the fine print and the specifics of the deal. Some are weekdays only, some are dinner only, etc. if you go at a different time or after the deal expires you can still use the value that you paid almost like a gift card. I have used several in Las Vegas and have never had an issue. The merchants set up the deals with Groupon, so they are expecting them. Enjoy.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.