1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

booking with host, is cc number needed still with CET

Discussion in 'Comps' started by voltron12, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually just book my comp rooms for CET through the website. But for an upcoming trip my host booked it completely. All the nights are comped and even though I only owe for resort fees, do I need to call and have them add my credit card number to hold the reservation? I know with mlife I have heard of someone booking a comped room and never giving a credit card number because they were never asked, and when they showed up they said the room wasn't reserved with a cc number so they canceled the room. I am going during march madess so I know it is a busy time, and I don't want any issues when I get there.

2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have a CC on file with CET, they charged it.
    It's whatever the last CC you used to pay for/hold a room..

3. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't secure mine with a credit card but it's needed at check in for incidentals. Normally if the room is free from my experience, no deposit is required. Not sure about the resort fees, I haven't paid them.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whenever I book online it REQUIRES me to give a CC number - for rooms that have zero cost. Does not bother me at all.

5. totalee

totalee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a host you probably won't need to pay resort fees.

6. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never given my credit card number when booking through my host however as BCMike pointed out, you will need to give that when you check in for incidentals.

7. tial

tial Low-Roller

I recently got 2 nights comped from a host and I did not need to provide a credit card.

8. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. Ya, I know I have to give a credit card when I arrive. I have no problem with that. I have always just booked the free rooms on the website. And if I need a room upgrade, add or delete nights, or anything else, I get my host involved. But this is the 1st time I had him 100% just book it. On the website even if all the nights are comped you have to hold the room with a credit card. Since my host never asked for this and on my reservation is just says xxxx-xxxx-xxxx, I wanted to make sure he didn't just forget and then at check in time they say the room wasn't held with a credit card so no dice. I am not a monster player and am happy with just free nights on the lower CET places. But if something went wrong at check in I am in no position to have a host call me right back or have much pull to get things straightened out quickly so would rather be sure of things before I get there.

9. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With a host no need for cc hold, it's held with the house account. You will have no problems checking in, will only need to present card for incidentals. Enjoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.