1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I have a dream! Reno, MLK 2015

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by fadetheseven, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I have a dream that monster rolls and flushes royal will rise up! A last minute trip to get some snowboarding and gambling action. On the heels of my first (minuscule) winning trip last month, I've got the itch to gamble.

GF and I head out today for 3 nights at the Atlantis. Planning to do a half day of riding Sunday with some random shopping Saturday. The GF is booking a massage and I plan on hitting another Royal.

While I'm mostly a dice player, I've always looked for some other game to play in the mornings when the tables are dead. I played vp sporadically but last month I discovered the perfect combo: Flushers parlay and Baileys&coffee! My goal this trip is to find a suitable bartop, sip booze at 6 am, and hit a tier3 ($1) Royal.

2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck to you!
    I've got $200 in FreePlay at GSR right now...but promised wife I wouldn't gamble until October, hahha.

3. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Didn't you just post a pic in tunica? Wifey gambles while you watch longingly?

4. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tunica was last year, I just didn't post it (Christmas - NYE break we road tripped instead of vegas)
    I am a compulsive gambler, so i had/have to quit for a while (I went 3 days out of the week to Reno, for 5 years straight, HAHAHAHA)

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should be easier to find a suitable bartop in Reno vs. the Strip.

Tier 3 Royal! Love it! Good Luck! :beer:

6. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More a problem of finding which bar is open at 6am.

Checked in and eating some dinner. Watching the Dubs.

7. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck on the dice, buddy!

8. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tough first dice session. I went with pass+ one come. Never hit more than 2 numbers. The table next to us went on a 33 roll heater. Each roll of the dice on that table required 5 minutes to pay and setup all the prop action. Dropped 350.

Tried some vp parlay and got nothing going. Pulled the plug after five $20 shots. Catching the end of the filthy Clips. Planning on an early start tomorrow with bartop parlay and Baileys&coffee.

9. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you explain how you do royal flushers parlay? I am fairly new here, I think I may have read it somewhere before but can't find it . Thanks

10. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Start with $20 on a quarter machine. If you double to $40 press up to .50. If you double to $80 press up to $1. If things sour after hitting a higher tier, I will drop denom at the previous threshold.

Trying to get some more sleep, but as usual I'm wide eyed at 4:30. The GF booked a massage at 8 and wants to get there a bit early so we're planning on pastries around 6:30. Heading down to scope out dice and bartops.

11. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like 3 bars open and they all have 99.4% (9/6) DDB at 25, 50, and $1 denom. Dropped $60 at one bartop with zero quads but better than last night. Plenty of trips and a few houses full. The bartender mentioned the nonsmoking bar upstairs is also open so I head there to check payables.

I decide to try a quick dice session with a short buyin. My first hand I hit 5 or 6 numbers and double my $200 buy. I throw a couple more hands and decide to walk. +150 after leaving a $40 toke. Tall John is leaving tomorrow for the new Hard Rock in Tahoe. He was one of the dealers in the best hand I've ever had a few years ago. Cashed $3k starting with $25 spread.

Sitting down for more DDB at the non smoking bar. Freshly brewed coffee and Baileys.

12. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First quad on quarters
    [​IMG]

Pushed me to $100 so pressed to $1 denom. Dropped to $40 with a quickness. Rolled it back to .50 then eventually quarters and gave it all back. That's just another day in the way of parlay!

13. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dropped another $100 on this vp session. Nothing doing except that one quad. Had several dealt trip aces that didn't convert. Waiting on GF for some breakfast. Need some fuel after 5 B&Cs. Gonna check dice for another hit and run.

14. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well these hit and run dice sessions have been profitable but not long enough. Another short buyin and rolled a few numbers while betting pass+1 come. GF comes within 10 mins and I managed a $40 profit.

Quick pastry breakfast and GF is off to the spa. On my way back to the room I see the full pay DDB uprights. Slipped in a $20 flyer to find its a 10 coin machine with a short RF at 5 coins. Again dealt trip aces that can't convert.

By my quick count I'm about even for the day with 2.5 hours of action.

Back in the room and trying to take a nap. Who the f&$k takes a nap at 8am?

15. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in Tunica and stayed at Horseshoe on 12/26-28 were you there then?

16. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couldn't sleep. Another $100 into DDB without a quad. I'm going to have to go back to BP. Scoping out dice.

17. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah...RF's Parlay system is for Bonus Poker...and 9/6 DDB is only 98.9999%. 8/5 BP is 99.17%
    At the Oyster Bar, they have 8/5 BP for 25c-$1 (or at least they used to!) so it's a good place to try the parlay.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to hijack..but we were there 12/29, for just one night.

18. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brutality continues. The quadless streak...

Edit: yup. These wonky pay tables are annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.