1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Extended Stay Hotels

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by K-9treatbaker, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience, good or bad, staying at any of the extended stay properties in the Las Vegas area.

This coming summer, my husband and I may need to find a short term rental, 1-2 months, if our house doesn't sell right away in Florida. No way, am I spending another Aug.or Sept. in this horrible humidity here in Florida. We simply cannot take it.

I have looked at some of the Extended stays, but not sure of the area's and how clean etc. they are. And yes, some come with glowing reviews, but I have been burned by "reviews" when we rented a beach condo in Myrtle Beach two years ago. I have also looked on Home Away and VRBO but can't seem to find anything under 1500.00 a month and we really don't want to go that high in rent if at all possible.

Any suggestions, reviews, or knowledge of any other web sites that offer short term rentals would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, you all are great on here.

Kindly,
    K-9treatbaker

2. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your best bet is to find a place on VRBO or the likes and negotiate a short-term rental with them. Depending on how they feel, they might be willing to rent you their property for a month or two at a fixed price. Maybe even contact a local realtor that might list short term rentals on their website..

With a budget of $1.5K a month that's $50 per night at a hotel, which really is a little when you want a solid 3* extended stay hotel in a good area. Realistically speaking, you'd need a budget of at least $2.1K to get the ball rolling with a solid 3* hotel. Best to negotiate how much they will "hold" on your credit card as well.

3. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help and suggestions lotso-bear. I will definitely keep looking at some other sites. and I will keep checking with Vrbo etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.