1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need Help Deciphering Aria's Fine Print

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by KuyyaJef, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KuyyaJef

KuyyaJef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I found a decent deal for a 2-night stay in July Aria(using a promo code online), but this fine print is scaring me a bit. (To me it reads "we're going to put a big hold on your credit card.)

So here's what it says on the final booking page:
    "Guest's room balance plus a minimum room deposit of $200 is required to register at check-in, and to forego incidental charging privileges. Guest's room balance plus $130 per day authorization on a valid credit card is required to register, and to access incidental charging privileges. Guests using a debit card in lieu of a credit card acknowledge unused funds are released upon check-out yet may take 5-7 business days to become available through their financial institution."

I mean I'm educated, but this sounds like it could bite me in the butt if I don't get it re-worded to me in simple words. :rolleyes2:

2. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You read it correctly.

3. KuyyaJef

KuyyaJef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figured that much. I guess what I'm really trying to figure out is how much they're going to be putting on hold. This particular offer comes with a $50/night resort credit which makes things a little trickier to keep track of.

4. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're staying for 2 nights it will be your room rate x2 plus $130 x 2 or 3. I don't remember if they count that last "day" or not.

5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its pretty easy to understand and im from europe. If you want to be able to charge stuff to your room which i recommend it will be a 130 a night hold on your card. If you do want to be able to do that they will put a 200 hold for your entire trip.

6. KuyyaJef

KuyyaJef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the clarification. Despite all the holds, this looks like a serious contender for our trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the clarification. Despite all the holds, this looks like a serious contender for our trip.

7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont forget that if you plan on spending any money in mlife properties you can just charge it to your room. If the total bill turn out to be under 260 they just credit back whatever you did not spend.

8. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It also says, you don't want to use a debit card for your room....as they don't just put a hold on your money, they take it out of your account and hopefully return some later..

9. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well this is the difference between using a credit card and a debit card except for the hopefully which is a missunderstanding on your part. The hotel dont care weather you use a debit or a credit card they process it the same way. In the TOC they just mention this to explain why it sometimes takes longer for debit card to show back up into your account but its totally denpending on how fast your bank and has nothing to do with the hotel.

10. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure about the rules/laws in foreign banking however when I worked in a call center for business banking for a large national bank in the US about 4 years ago, I consistently got calls from people traveling asking me to reverse their pending DEBIT CARD transaction to the hotel they were currently staying(security deposit). For instance, if there was a hold for $200(incidentals), I would reverse it and that $200 would be credited towards their available balance immediately. It would only truly post(be debited from their account again) if the hotel decided "Yes, this person wrecked the room and owe us that $200 we orig charged them." People did this all the time. It was a simple click on my end to reverse it however I would always warn them..."The debit still may post to your account but as of now the $200 has been credited in full."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.