1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots How do you play slots?

Discussion in 'Slots' started by Kupkakez, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kupkakez

Kupkakez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm currently on my flight en route to Vegas and I started wondering how others play slots. I play mostly VP but sometimes like to switch up and do a few slot machines.

When I play I always max bet., which of course the br starts going quickly on nickels and dollars!

Several years ago at the Wynn I hit a $5k jackpot on a nickel slot which required max bet to win. Thank goodness I was max betting or I would have kicked myself all day.

My question to all you VMB'ers how do you do it? Max bet everytime? play the minimum? Etc

2. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually bet $0.15 to $0.20/spin on the older video slots. Slow play on these low bets guarantees I won't win much, but it's fun and I get lots of drinks. I love it! (Heading to Vegas in 3 days!)

3. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I change it up according to how I feel. I always bet max the first spin. If I hit a great spin on a low bet I just tell myself the millisecond it would have taken to change to max bet would have changed the result.

4. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually do max bet unless I'm playing a $10+ slot, which is when I'd do 1 credit a spin.

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ALWAYS "max" bet... if I can't afford the max bet or am losing badly, I move down in denomination and max bet at that. If I get caught at the end with $2 in and the max bet is $3, I'll put in another $1 before I spin.

6. Emmersone

Emmersone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always max bet and do so playing whatever amount is in my budget at the time. It's that big jackpot that gets away if you don't and that seems to be what drives me.

7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ALWAYS play max bet, Unless it's $25 or higher then I will play 1 credit at a time.

8. irmster

irmster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the old reel machines, you need to check the pay out tables as sometimes there is a big difference between the payouts between 1 or 2 coins and max bet (on say a 3 coin machine).

On non progressive video slots there really isn't any need to play max bet. Your RTP is not going to change generally and if you don't max bet then in theory your bankroll will last longer.

I generally max bet on 1c machines - other than that, it depends. Obviously on a $1 multi coin multi line machine I don't.

9. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a silly pattern, but usually can play for hours on $100...and sometimes I hit a jackpot. I come out ahead at least 1/3 of the time. I have fun and get free drinks all the time.

I start with one penny per line for 30 cents per bid. I count spins and when I've gone 10 spins without winning more than my bid, I go to two cents per line. When I've gone 10 spins without winning more than my bid, I increase. Eventually I get to $3 spins...if and when I hid a bigger win (like $75 or so,) I start all over again.

Sometimes I get greedy and just spin $3 until my money is gone or I hit a good win. But when I do that I can't play long and almost always regret I didn't stay with my tried and true system. Clearly I am not a gambler, but I play enough to keep getting free rooms...and I have fun doing it.

10. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Typically the machines I play, max betting doesn't make a difference. No matter the denomination I like to play $4-5 a spin.

11. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife plays so called penny machines and will not play max bet at any time but she will play $1.50 at two machines at once which would be max bet on one machine. Go figure.

12. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't play the old slots that just have 1 line on them. Like the bonuses and such on the new ones. I'll always play max bet in the fear that one time I don't and I hit something massive. Max on pennies is tricky though as some like wolf run for example are up to 8$ a spin or so.

13. MrBBonz

MrBBonz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like alot of people, when I play the slots, I like the wheel of fortune machines, cheapest I play is the .25c ones, but most of the time go for the multiline 1 dollar variety. Sometime I go for the 2 credit 5 buck machine though. Always max bet, since it is the biggest button right up front :p.

14. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the things I like to do is like a version of musical chairs, without the chairs, lol!.

I find a bank of dollar single reel slots (the old Red White and Blue, Triple 7's, Double Triple Diamonds, type of reel slots) and slip in a hundred and play 3 spins. If no wins I play the next one over. And so forth. This type of play usually means you don't sit down and can get tedious, constantly slipping the TITO in and out, plus your players card.

I've hit some really good wins this way. I usually do this once a day. Once in a while I slip a hundy in a 5 dollar machine and play one credit, but only on the ones where max coins does not make a difference in the pay-out.

And every morning I play a hundred through the Mega Bucks. Max bet of course!!

15. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Max lines...vary bet per line accordingly

16. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Put in $X
    If it starts to drain quickly I cash out.
    If it jumps up significantly I cash out and put in $x.
    If I play and the machine bores me I cash out even if winning or losing.
    If the machine catches my interest and am losing I may stick around if it amuses me.

17. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just make sure I know the rules on each game I play. If there is no advantage to max betting, I may or may not. I usually try new games at a lower bet to see how they play unless there is a progressive or other reason to max. I play for 8 or more hours a day split between vp & slots so I need to make my bankroll last!

18. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the Wheel of Fortune $1 machines we play max bet. On the Wheel of Fortune quarter machines we also play max bet. On penny slots we'll play max bet as long as it's $3 or less. Sometimes we start at $0.90 a spin and move up slowly, depending on how many prizes and bonus rounds the machine is giving us.

19. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I play slots I like those fancy themed penny ones like Batman and Robin or Flintstones. I usually do around $1.20 - $1.60 a spin.

20. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once at Wynn I was not playing max bet, and I got a combination that would have paid $17,000 with max bet.

I got something like $350 instead...

Yes, I did kick myself hard....

JZB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.