1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just rented a car for less than 10 a day total for this month

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by crapsaddict, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crapsaddict

crapsaddict Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rental rates generally are higher right now than anytime I ever remember. Usually use Dollar and best I could find lately was a total of 379 for 9 days Jan 20-29. Have been monitoring Dollar site and Kayak to see if anything changes, and tonight Kayak shows a rental for 10 a day with Budget. When I went to put in the reservation, a bulletin came up that said your rate has changed- it changed from 88.11 total to 88.04 total lol. So now I have this res that I do not trust and a dollar res for 379 which I know I can do better but have a couple free days to use up and they are so convenient being able to pass any counter work when I arrive. Thinking about calling Budget tomorrow, give them the res number and see if they are going to honor it. Even if they say they will, am somewhat skeptical they will when I get there. So my question for anybody here is have you ever had a situation like this, have you ever arrived in vegas with 2 seperate reservations. I think rental reservations supposedly are not charged if you don't use them, but I am a member of Dollar and they do have a credit card of mine on hand, so still debating how to handle this. Any suggestions or past experiences would be appreciated.

2. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We've never encountered a problem with any car rental honoring a price-just make sure you have the printed res with you. Once in Reno we rented a car for a week for $43 total and the agent never batted an eyelash. I guess you could keep both reservations, check in with Budget and then cancel the Alamo res. at the airport. I would definitely call Budget and confirm though. Wish I could find a price that cheap. Prices are outrageous now.

3. admmr

admmr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a midsize SUV with Alamo for 1/10-1/18 for $213.11 out the door, taxes and all. It's not impossible! All based on supply and demand as you know. We originally booked in September and was at just under $300 which I thought was awesome for that size class. Just in the last week as I double check our car reservation pricess every day, our particular class took a nose dive. I used coupon code AD2338FDF and contract ID 7103904. I just tried it for your rental and it wasn't as good as the deal you got at budget, but wait until you are a week out and see. Either way, enjoy the savings!

4. crapsaddict

crapsaddict Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the things that disturbed me about this last night was this rate was on Kayak for Budget but not on the Budget website. I see now this morning it also shows up on their website.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can easily make a second reservation as insurance. Unless you pick the pre-payment rate, you will not be charged. It would be nice if you called them once you received your other car though.

6. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did Budget for your dates and came up with "intermediate SUV" 2.49 a day for $22.39 total. Yet the economy 2 door is 24.99/day or $183 total. It's obviously a bug in their website pricing but if you prepay with a receipt what can they say when you pick it up?

I thought I did great at E-Z for a full size car 112.50 for the week from 2/5-2/11, 184.24 total.

I use http://www.carrentals.com/ now instead of Kayak.com who I use to use.

7. crapsaddict

crapsaddict Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called and got automated response. It matched my phone number with the one on the res. and then repeated exact information back to me that is on my res

8. crapsaddict

crapsaddict Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I definitely will have a copy. You would think if it was a mistake it would have been changed by now and apparently the price is going down, I got ripped off lol

9. flutterball

flutterball Tourist

Couple years ago I rented a convertible mustang for a week for $2.45 a day. Budget didn't bat an eye at the Vegas airport with the rate, I did buy extra insurance just because my credit card does not cover sports cars
    Don't worry about the rate, just be happy you found it. Enjoy your time in Vegas....

10. Gmoney10

Gmoney10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely keep the second reservation, just in case. I rented a car one time through Costco for a convertible for one week for around $25 total. When I went to pick up (sorry don't remember the company), they would not honor the rate. Luckily I kept a second reservation and they took off 10%. Not sure if they will honor from outside vender like Kayak?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.