1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Britney @ PH

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by StormHawk, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any reviews on this? Search didn't turn anything up. My wife is interested, but only if it's a good show as she's not really a Britney fan. Thanks!

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought tickets for some friends earlier this year and they really enjoyed it. Its a big performance with lots of dancing. But the music is lip synched. I think my friends' experience is the general consensus, but there are lots of reviews out there you can find

I Need Spa
  3. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my g/f and I got into this argument... .Who in vegas doesnt lip sync anymore ?

4. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ehhh... it's not merely lip synching as Britney sings along to her own (multiple tracks). It's more of a mix. Heck, Michael Jackson did it as well as Madonna... etc... etc...

I stood backstage at a recent performance and could clearly see and hear Britney singing along to her own tracks.

Bill

5. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loads of people sing.

Donnie and Marie, The Legends folks, the singers in Jubilee, Shania and on and on...

The ones who usually lip sync are the big names that do a lot of dancing.

6. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the show in September and really enjoyed it. It's especially a good show in Vegas as I think it's one that gets you pumped up for the night (I recently saw Andrea Bocelli in Vegas and the first half of the concert I had a hard time switching from Vegas mode to Classical Opera mode).

The show is highly choreographed, lots of dancers, it really is a performance - which I like. I can't imagine shows like that not being mostly lip synched as by the end of a song you can see everyone on stage has their chests heaving in exhaustion - quality of live vocals with that level of activity would be unreasonable to expect. Maybe a country crooner sitting on a stool strumming a guitar - ok - but this show isn't that.

I would recommend it for sure. It was hilarious as we looked around and you could see some foreigners who clearly spoke no english to each other, lots of little old ladies, lots of very "flamboyant" men.....it was quite the mixed crowd, and yet they ALL seemed to really enjoy it!

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a good description. I remember when my friends got back from the show, they stayed up the entire night signing, talking about the show, and partying. It definitely had them wired

I Need Spa
  8. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seen her twice in Vegas( last time i was front row on the floor she was like 2 feet away from me) ( im a big fan and had seen her on last 3 previous arena tour)

The show in vegas in very good, very nice venue, cool stage and screen+effects

Britney doesnt sing a single note in the show the only time her mic is open is when she talks in between song the same has her previous arena tours, doesnt take anything from the show.

Only weird thing is that she doesnt lyp sych to new live versions of her songs,so its kinda weird to hear baby one more time and her other old song still with her 17 years old voice

9. moefoe81

moefoe81 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the show twice and enjoy the show. You can find clips on youtube of the concert if you want to check it out and see if she if its something she would be into.

Ernie

10. SellWell

SellWell Tourist

Cant say I'm a massive Brittney fan but want to go while we are there next month. Is it a big venue ?? Hubby is not a fan so don't want to spend big $$. If we go for the "cheap" seats are we still going to enjoy it or is it worth the extra $$ for better seats ??

Thanks x

11. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before getting in to all about mulling over what seats you might want, or asking yourself if you should spend big or not, you should check availability for the nights you will be there because you might not have a choice: even a couple of months out her shows are usually sold out or close to it where the only seats left are the standing room only or the very expensive.

12. SellWell

SellWell Tourist

We are there from 16th - 19th Feb 2015. There are tickets available on ticketmaster and stubhub for both nights 17th and 18th. Prices range from approx. $99 - $500. I don't have a problem spending $500 if it was worth the extra money. Sometimes just being at a show wherever you sit is worth getting tickets. Sorry if that doesn't make sense but I'm hoping someone will know what I mean LOL

13. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Venue is just over 4000 seat so its pretty big by Vegas standard

If you dont mind standing up the best bang for your buck are definetly the floor tickets, they are a lot cheaper than the seated lower level seats and a lot closer ( im talking like 5 feet from her) the GA (standing area) is not too crowded and theres plenty of space to move around

Her shows on mon-tues-wed-thurs are usually 20$-50$ cheaper per tickets than weekend show of course thats staight ticketmaster not stub hub

14. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking about going to Britney's May 13 show. It's on a Wednesday. I can buy a "Golden Circle" (I think that's what it's called) ticket. It's a standing area right by the stage. Has anyone been in that section? I'm hoping I would be able to record some of the show with my camera. Probably not suppose to, but I want to give it a shot. ;-)

xman30

15. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are the tickets we bought. We are going on Friday the 30th. I will post a full review. We have heard a ton of good reviews. I believe if you are going to see a show in Vegas it is best to be close!

16. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Especially with Britney!!! I've only seen her perform on TV. I think it'll be a very interesting experience!!! :)

xman30

17. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Each year we go to LV Super Bowl weekend. I let my GF pick what we do on Friday nights since she has to put up with UFC on Sat. and the game on Sun. She picked Britney, I figured I may as well get close enough to check her out while she is "singing". haha It was about $500 for two gold circle tix on Ticketmaster, maybe a bit less I can't really recall.

18. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How far out in advance did you buy your tickets?

xman30

19. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the first set I bought months ago. I then realized two weeks ago they were for Sat and not Fri. I threw them on Stub hub and sold them and just last week bought the tix we were going to use on the 30th. I was surprised they were still avail. on TM. I had by eyes on a sat on Stub Hub and decided right before checkout to try TM, boom there they were.

20. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in the "cheap seats" on the side near the top and they were fine. Might be worth it to be a little closer down but I think the side view was fine and glad I didn't pay more to be more toward the middle of the theater. The show was awesome and if you like pop music at all you'll like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.