1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Dueces Wild

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by winner, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winner

winner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok i understand that with dueces wild you play your cards different than say JOB or DDB, but is the frenquency of getting a royal the same as JOB and if you have 3 to the royal do you look for the natural royal, i recently started to play dueces wild and seemed to do better, just could be a run of luck

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Odds of getting a natural royal is the same regardless of the game assuming there aren't any jokers in the deck. They all use the same 52 card deck.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if I always hold 5 cards trying to intentionally lose my royal chances are still about 1 in 40,000? I hope not because I wouldn't be in Vegas!

Different games require different strategies, so royal probabilities change among game variants.

You would generally hold three to a natural royal in deuces wild, but only an idiot would discard 4 to a wild royal for 3 to a natural royal. A more common occurrence is getting something like AJ suited, which is worth holding when Jacks or Better is a push, but in deuces wild, two to a royal Ace high is not a basic strategy hold, it's better to just toss everything.

These plus other optimal strategy changes makes the probability of a royal slightly less in "full pay deuces wild" (1 in 45,281) and in "Not So Ugly Ducks" (1 in 43,456) than 9/6 JoB (1 in 40,390). But even though the royal probabilities are less, these two deuces games have a higher payback than 9/6 JoB because of the rest of the paytable. Full pay deuces and NSUD are non existent on the strip though.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  4. Erich17

Erich17 It is a real Obsession

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am pretty sure he means with basic strategy. Did you not catch that? Most people post assuming people are playing the basic strategy of the game.

5. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was trying to explain why BayouBengal was wrong as I thought the he implied the royal probabilities were exactly the same in JoB as Deuces Wild. I guess I was too wordy. The probability of a royal varies based upon the game you play thanks to different basic strategies for each game.

6. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hit my one and only RSFon Dueces and it was a no decision hand 4 dealt.....after a run of no dueces dealt that may make you forget what game you're playing..All of a sudden there's no dueces in the deck anymore!...I'l take the RSF w/D over trying for the 1/47 natural if that matters at all to the OP.

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I meant as in if you held 3 to a natural royal, you would have the same chance of drawing the 2 you need regardless of the game or EV. I do realize that strategies of specific variants change the likely hood of a royal since what you hold changes.

8. winner

winner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what is the pay table for full pay deuces wild, and where would you find them

9. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I misunderstood you then. If you make a 3 to a royal hold in either game, then the probability of converting the natural royal would be both 1 in 1081.

10. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Winner, please visit the VP Free2 website for answers to those and many more gambling questions.

http://www.vpfree2.com/

11. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this approach. My RF's in Deuces have come with no deuces on the board and usually drawing two cards.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.