1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker What VP denomination do you typically play?

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by kingslender, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingslender

kingslender Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually play 25 cents (max credits, so $1.25), but do most people here play $1 credits? I've been really grinding to on practicing to be able to play near perfect and thinking of stepping it up to $1 credit ($5/hand) this next trip.

For those that plat $5 per hand, what is your typical daily bankroll for VP?

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do quarters typically but I like to use RoyalFlusher's Strict Rules of Parlay. What is this? you put in $20 on a 25cent machine. If you double up to $40 you bump to 50c credits, double again to $80? Go to $1. You can go for as long as you can stand the heat and the thrill of a 4oak or Royal at dollars is exciting. I will bump back down to 50c or 25c if I take too much of a beating at dollars.

If I do multiline it's usually 5c or 10c and Super Times Pay. 5 hands on nickels is $1.50 on STP so it's about the same. I sometimes parlay on this machine too by going from 3 to 5 play and then 10 play when I double my stake.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do dollars, my wife quarters. Because my fav game is DDB, which has a high volatility, I would say my daily bankroll is $1,000. But, we don't really adhere to strict daily limits. If I blow through the $1,000, I'll keep going.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play a mix of nickels and quarters usually. What is an "appropriate" daily bankroll for someone depends on several factors (mostly game variant and desired amount of hands played per day).

But if you have figured out a comfortable BR for yourself at quarters and are thinking about going to 100% dollar play, just multiply your daily bankroll by 4 for a good starting point.

5. mike841

mike841 Video Poker Unicorn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $2-$5 DDB, super DDB if they have it, and step down to $1 if i'm getting demolished - take a chunk of your $ and step up to $1 if it goes too fast just go back to your normal play and have fun there instead

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm cheap-o. Nickles if I can find a good game or quarters. Playing dollars is too much like real money!

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm at the .50 - $1 VP level... $10-$15 on BJ

Could I afford more? Sure. But I don't have a gambler's stomach for loss, so I keep the bet denomination modest.

8. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to play quarter JOB STP with 5 hands. I don't like playing .50 but I'll play $1. The .50 level is double what I'm investing at a quarter, but with the hand pay I won't get double back on my royal.

For some reason, in my mind, a dollar investment is different.

9. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play mostly dollars. The biggest reason for that is the full pay games on the strip are mostly dollar and above, and that's where I like to play. If I played mostly downtown I would probably go with quarters as you can still find full pay games at that level.

I set my daily bankroll on what I'm comfortable losing, not on ROR or any of those calculations the pro's use. I would say $1k a day is a good bankroll for dollar VP personally. I lost close to $2k over 3 days on my last trip, playing mostly 8/5 BP, which is low volatility, if that gives you an idea of the risk. To lose that much on quarters would take a LOT longer!

10. Erich17

Erich17 It is a real Obsession

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost always play .25 unless I am playing a multiple hand game (which is my new addiction) I just think for a 1.25 investment that $1000 royal is amazing. Only game I know where you can win that much with $1.25 bet. Well I guess you could do a big parlay in sports betting.

11. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quarters mostly for us. Sometimes half-dollars.

12. kiwiboy1

kiwiboy1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    quarters, halves and dollars, plus multi-line. Whatever the best games are!

13. Lucky55

Lucky55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  14. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a day's bankroll (8 hours of play)..
    If you're playing $1 denom:
    9/6 JoB = $2000
    9/6 DDB = $4000

Yeah, it's a big number..but if you run bad, you have a cushion to ride it out..

15. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quarters, Quarters multiline, 50 cents and dollars. Been doing a lot of dollar Jack play lately.

Parlaying from quarters to dollars is a good way to go to get yourself some experience at higher denom with small initial outlay (the aforementioned Strict Rules of Parlay).

I'm really liking multiline quarters especially on super times pay. We parlay that from 3 play to 5 play to 10 play when the going is good.

Quarter single line bankroll used to be $300 to $500 a day, can't admit that at dollars I need up to $2K a day. YIKES.

16. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. When I said mine is $1000 per day I was assuming more like 4-5 hours of play.

17. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!
    I'm a strict Royal Flusher Rules of Parlay follower.
    usually.......
    sometimes........
    er-

18. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    90% .25 10% dollars. Usually try to hit a 4OAK then quite, or play till I lose $100. My trips are usually 6 or 7 days so I have to stick with .25

19. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tend to play $1, but mostly because I love Lift Bar at Aria, and their minimum is dollars. If I wasn't getting such a good paytable (9/5, which is phenomenal for a lobby bar) and good comped drinks (they take really, really good care of me there), I'd drop down to quarters.

20. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    penny 100 play for $1 per.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.