1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Christmas Present.... Flamingo Prez Weekend WOO HOO

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Camp Rusty, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So excited.....

Hadn't planned on a trip back until the next fall for college football but we are going back for concerts at Brooklyn Bowl next month.

I was so surprised, my wife found a SW Air package out of Seattle for about what CET play gave her for just a room. It may get closer to getting even with resort fees though. Leave late night Thursday and back early Tuesday. Flights aren't the best but the price was killer. She's a great travel shopper ! ( and gift giver)

The best part is we are meeting friends for the shows that we only see every couple years.......it all came together. Great gift ! :thumbsup:

Now I get to try and do a Flamingo countdown clock:eek:

2. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

which concerts, rusty?

3. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    String Cheese Incident............Colorado band, ski bums from Nederland made good :):):) Been around since the mid nineties, I first saw them in 98' and have been a loyal fan ever since. Lot's of New Year's Eves, Northwest shows, and lots of festivals, probably over a hundred shows by now for me, I'm a music nerd.:woot:

They have played Vegas several times, really fun city to see them in.

4. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

that is what i thought, though i was spacing on the name when i wrote the post. had not heard of them before i started researching this trip, and when i told bride that i thought i had found a band we wanted to see, the best descriptor i could come up with from what i had seen on youtube, etc. was that they were a jam band like phish, only bluegrass!

on pollstar, for those same times, the brothers comatose is also listed for those same dates and also at brooklyn bowl. however, neither the brooklyn bowl site or the bands website list those dates, yet.

we are looking at the sunday night performances as fitting the best for our schedule at this point...maybe might have to figure out a time for a drink!

5. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kitson, that wold be great.........

Like Phish very improvisational, though not as tribal, and they tend to do more covers. I enjoy both bands, find Cheese to be a little more Americana like the Dead than Phish who I consider more straight up rock and roll. Cheese certainly is bluegrass as it's base but they are pretty good musicians and can go anywhere.

Good night to go too if you are only doing one night, their Sunday shows, or third shows in a three night run are often their best. If you don't have tickets yet Sundays should be pretty easy to find. Let me know if you want me to look around Friday and Saturday, happy to do it.

Looking forward to checking out the venue, have heard good things about the acoustics, and the food too !

6. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

sunday will have to be the night for us for the concert, although we are there for 12 nights, beginning feb.8, have some good friends joining us for the thurs, fri, sat. going to jeff dunham on friday, and they just really are not much for concerts, but i still like them.

in november, on my solo poker playing trip, went in and checked out the venue, not really much for a seating area, mostly a general admission area with festival standing. i am getting too old, especially for an evening in las vegas after going all day. they did have some seating, barstool type, along the side, so tomorrow i will just get on the phone with brooklyn bowl and get something done for sunday night, hopefully that will let me sit down before and a few times during their show.

looking forward to it!

7. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they push the bowling lane seating/bowling. Sort of like bottle service with no booze and rented shoes, maybe $80/hr but seats six ?

I'm damn near sixty, everything else is falling apart but luckily my knees are still OK. I can still handle dancing for three hours or so but anything much past that I look for something to lean on :faint:

Have a good show :):):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.