1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is the bus worth the trouble?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by fresnofishfan, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fresnofishfan

fresnofishfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying @ 4Q downtown for the first time. We usually stay on stip , but have the most fun on FSE, so we booked 4Q. We have some of our crew (15 dudes for anual boys trip) staying at Flamingo , and will want to party on strip a bit. Mostly get obliterated at Stage door and Ellis Island . Should we do the bus thing from DT , or just cab it? 3-4 dudes sharing a cab from DT to strip around $5 a piece , I imagine.

2. RonDiaz

RonDiaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I regularly stay DT and use the bus when in Vegas. But I am usually solo or one other person. The Strip and Downtown Express (SDX) is reasonably fast and easy to use from downtown. It has less stops on the strip than the Deuce but way faster. I plan on using it to get to the Stage Door myself.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are plenty of Ellis Island/Stage Door type of places downtown you could walk to.

4. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there are 3 or 4 of you to share, a cab is better, alone I would answer differently. It might be closer to $25 to get to ellis though.

5. Homeschool

Homeschool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to hit anything else on the strip as you make your way to the flamingo, I'd take the bus. Coming back schwasted just split a cab, but make sure they don't long haul you.

Just my 2 cents.

6. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Consider taking the WAX to and from the airport, otherwise take a cab if you're in a group.

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's all of yall at once you'd have to split into a couple of cabs. Getting a limo for an hour might be cheaper or about the same.

8. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    consider ellis 20-25 then tip..

For the SDX before midnight, make a left out of 4queens and the stop is right in front of bioions. for the deuce, make a right and walk all the way down and the stop is in front of hearth attack grill if you decide to go that route.

Also fitting a crew of 15 might be rough on a bus if its peek time so some might have to catch a second bus.

9. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would take a cab and split the fare, but I'm not a fan of the bus. I'm OK with the WAX because it doesn't stop much, but the rest of them drive me nuts. I'd rather pay $10 pp for a cab and get to my destination 'non-stop'.

10. tcocona

tcocona Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Snid. ; What are those places and what places compete with Stage Door pricing ? Thanks for your reply and have a great 2015

11. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please take cabs so other passengers don't have to put up with you 15 drunks on a long bus ride-LOL.

12. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm in a group where 3 or 4 can split a cab, or even two people, I always take it. I've been on too many buses where local fights break out or my last bus experience where a homeless woman pee'd herself on the bus and it smelt awful the entire trip afterwards. Cab saves time, and time is money.

13. Homeschool

Homeschool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's likely to be 15 drunks on a bus anyways, might as well be from your own group ;)

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    15 dudes huh? Have you considered renting a party bus for the evening?

15. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Single ride bus ticket is at least two dollars. Strip Downtown express is six dollars for two hour pass, I don't think they do single ride tickets. Supposed to keep the tourists on the strip buses and the locals on the local buses. So your three dude math starts at six dollars or eighteen dollars, depending. You get caught in traffic you will be counting dollars saved versus time lost, and you won't be happy. Take the WAX to and from the airport, definitely, but the rest of the time budget a few dollars for cabs, it feels more Vegas-y.

16. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a long time bus advocate, but in your situation I'd take a cab. Where we win taking buses is solo seniors on long term passes at half price. WAX from the airport and then cabs.

17. fresnofishfan

fresnofishfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replys ladies and gents. Cabs or a limo seem to be our best bet . We have all been to Vegas a few times and have kids and mortgages now ..so Im trying to save a few bux here and there . Seems like a hassle to do the bus thing.

cjohnson202- Some people pay alot of money to see that, so if we are in need of cheap entertainment , we may jump on a bus....

Side Story- First time in Vegas, up all night , its 10am walking down south strip with a twelve pack out of our mind drunk . My buddie says "Hey lets jump on this bus and get into some adventures!", I only talked him out of it because I told him they wouldnt let us bring our beer. Did I save our lives or prevent an awesome adventure??.....We will never know.

18. emoceans

emoceans Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in Vegas next month. Flying from LAX to Vegas with Southwest. According to my McCarren website I will arrive at terminal 1.

Which bus should I take to get to the Stratosphere ?

19. pdog89149

pdog89149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. emoceans

emoceans Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi pdog, Thanks a lot for your reply! Going to check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.