1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comp etiquette ?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Smallz23, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked my host for tickets to tomorrow's ufc fight.. Is it rude to ask what seats she's given me? How do they determine which seats to give you? Is it based on availability? I am asking because I want to see if it's possible to upgrade myself and pay extra if the seats are bad. Thanks in advance.

2. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think it's rude to ask, but they often don't know exactly where the seats will be. Usually a property has assorted seats across different price ranges.

My host has also been able to get me tickets to concerts etc at a property outside of their own brand......my host definately didn't know the exact seats, only the price range

3. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ty for your response. That at least gives me an idea how they run things. 'Preciate it. Happy new year!

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The answer will vary widely - all depending on your level of play/ADT. Also depends on what tickets they still have and what level players you will be competing with. I can not imagine the back room decisions being made on who gets what seats... and then dealing with players that do not confirm or never show after the host gets them PRIME seats.

5. gmille58

gmille58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been comped tickets to a few things including one recent UFC event. When I set up the reservation I asked about the fight tickets, and it was basically first come first serve at each price point when the special ticket booth was running. It closed a few hours before the PPV card started so they had the chance to sell remaining tickets. The event we went to was not sold out so the guys who had the tickets next to us moved over. We are not high rollers, but when we go our budget is 1k each per day, usually three night stays. Our tickets were the lowest price point, but decent for free.

6. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting, I've never asked for tickets to an event outside their brand. Maybe this means that I can get tickets to UFC fights.

8. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah. You can ask for other events .. It's just easier if it's within their properties.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.