1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For the golf fans in the house?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by chef, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

After visiting Pebble Beach (walking alongside No. 18 and checking out the pro shop) several years ago and also watching the tourney on TV for the decades, I feel compelled to check out the AT&T pro-am in person this year.
    For those that have done this, your thoughts on the matter?

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to a lot of tourneys, many with pro-ams, but not the Clambake. Sounds like a winner. Given the routing you'll be on the inland side of things but that won't take away from the view. And definitely catch a round at MPCC's Shore Course. Now if you see Chris Berman, avert your gaze. I don't know that there is a more disturbing swing in all of golf-dom; it's Barkley-esque.

3. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been a few times, but it's been probably fifteen years ago and only for the practice rounds which I imagine are more relaxed, A few of the celebrities that we followed were Joe Pesci, Donald Trump and a couple of ballplayers. All of them were friendly and either posed for photos or signed autographs. Not that big of a deal, but fun.

Probably the biggest factor was the weather. When it's nice there's no prettier place to be (IMHO) and when it's bad weather it can be fierce.

A great venue to be a spectator. Have a great time!

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Barkley went to golf camp to get rid of that hitch at the bottom. Barkley has a lot of fun on the course, though.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's back. Just goes to show the power of the brain. An elite athlete totally stymied in a sport many say is not a sport. No wonder we don't stand a chance.

chef, since you get around a lot, also consider the American Century celeb-jock event at Edgewood Tahoe every July. More of a zoo given the one course and the draw of the players, but a gorgeous setting and a fun event.

6. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Chris Berman was in school - a year behind me -
    You would not have confused him with being a jock !
    ....though he tried sports.
    He did spend ALOT of time over in the (just formed ) school radio station.
    Keith Olberman was also in same school....at a different time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.