1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Year's Eve

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tearing up Vegas? Hanging in Times Square? Out? Home? Assaulting brain cells? Ministering to the less fortunate?

What are the plans out there?

2. scohitch

scohitch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just back from Vegas so chilling at home with the wife watching the Canada/US World Junior Hockey game in the afternoon and likely going to bed at 12:01, tired as all get out.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's SO cold here, we're gonna hang at the homestead... watch the bowl games, keep the fire goin' and then Anderson Cooper & Kathy Griffin!!! Already bought the big-shrimp, chips, salami and cheese and made our world famous clam dip today, as it always taste best the next day. (cottage cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire (damn I had to look up how to spell it) sauce and minced and chopped clams).

I've been out of the office for 4 weeks and looking' forward to goin' back on Monday... if I can remember where it is!!!

Whoo Hoo!!!!

GO 2015!!!!

4. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the plane to LAS now.
    Hanging at Aria for next 5 days.
    Bowl Games,dice,cards,etc.

5. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Home, or possibly walk to a local bar. Three trips to Vegas this year were plenty. Bro-in-law and wife have promised to join for the Third Annual Thanksgiving trip but that seems like years away ...

6. valsdad

valsdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Michael Feinstein at the Smith Center then dinner and dancing at Parnevino.

7. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we usually get some Chinese food for supper.....then i hunker down and watch a 3 Stooges Marathon onWSBK out of Boston, switching to the midnight festivities from different cities..... Moe!, Larry!, The Cheese!

8. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at home by myself and going to make myself a nice steak dinner with a crab cake. Might enjoy a few bottles of Veuve by myself too...yum

9. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chinese food, beer or wine, TV or a movie, early to bed.

10. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hors d'oeuvres for dinner, lots of wine & home brew, movies on tv (dvr recorded during the last free weekend for HBO or Showtime - I think we have the 2nd Thor and a couple other options) with my husband and cat, trying to stay awake until midnight for that New Year's kiss :)

:drunk::kiss:

New Year's Day - no plans as of now. Maybe a walk through our woods, possibly a bonfire.

11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My family gathers at my BIL's house and celebrate the coming New Year there. It's been a tradition for about 20 years or so.

I've been lamenting to my wife that I'd rather we just stay home and quietly celebrate here. After 20 years the body gets old and tired, lol!!

Tonight I guess I'll break the tradition. My kids will still go to BIL's house but I'll stay home. It helps when I've been stricken with gout. Damn it, it had to strike during the holidays.... My wife will visit BIL's house for a while and then come join me to ring in the New Year. (If we can stay up that long, lol!)

12. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to get up at 5AM tomorrow to go to work, so we'll just have an early dinner out tonight (Mexican? Chinese? Sushi? Or maybe Sweet Tomatoes?) then it's home and to bed for me.

Happy New Year everyone! :)

13. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not doing anything tonight except chill at home and watch the bowl games. I'm at work getting some stuff done now and then I'll head to the house. I twisted my ankle pretty bad yesterday so I'm hobbled...plus I have to rest up since my boss and I are going to make a quick trip to shoot some dice tomorrow in Louisiana

14. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New Year's Eve live from Las Vegas will be on our television as we sit at home just the two of us watching it. We invite family and friends over for New Year's Day for drinks and dinner, it's been a tradition since I can remember for us.

15. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just the two of us tonight. So today I'll knock out my two last bits for a client's April issue then get going on braised short ribs, which we're having with gnocchi, and a friend brought over fresh artichokes and Brussels sprouts so we'll do something with those. Chill a bottle of Champagne and go dig out a Zin for din. Sleep well before midnight. lol We'll watch the Ducks here tomorrow then over to a party to watch whomever is in that other bowl game -- ;) Golf on Friday and dinner out with friends. Disassemble Christmas on Saturday and down to the beach for a long walk. Sunday is house chores and getting the place ready for the in-laws' arrival next week.

Happy New Year, all!!!!!

16. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going out with two couples for the first time in several years. We usually host a NYE gathering. We're heading to the golf course right in our subdivision for dinner and dancing (no driving worries). The menu looks great and for the first time in two weeks...no cooking or clean up for me other than back to our house after the event for more dessert, coffee, tea, champagne. Looking forward to ringing in 2015. Wishing you all a Happy, Healthy, Safe and Prosperous New Year!

17. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a nice romantic evening planned. No,I'm not covering Mrs. JG's naked body with sushi.
    Started out by myself in garage,cold here today, slugged down some Jagermeister to warm up and enjoyed a nice cigar.
    Rest of the night includes some good Jersey Pizza close by with some red wine,the jacuzzi tub, some Sambucca and my mancave ,a blanket ,the fireplace and watching the ball drop.

18. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Home watching football. Tri-tip for dinner. Bed by 10, gotta work in the morning.

19. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having some friends with their kids. It will be an early night. Going to the Winter Classic tomorrow.

20. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New Years Eve - I'm going to see Billy Joel in concert tonight. It doesn't start until 9:30pm.
    Tomorrow - Since I just ate my last cookie that means my New Years Resolution will kick in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.