1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife linked card rules

Discussion in 'Comps' started by MidnightBJ, Dec 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I add my wife as a linked account, can she use my express comps and booking discounts, etc? She is going to take a trip with some friends to Vegas and I have a lot of express comps to burn. Figured she could use them on food, room, etc. She won't play much. I am not worried about affect on my comps via lower ADT, as I use a host and don't worry too much about corporate offers. My wife and friends will pay for room and use ECs for food and/or settling payment of the room.

2. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I linked my card with my husband's and have never had access to his express comps, though I never thought to ask if I could. I have been able to book his corporate offer without him being with me though. That irritated me a bit that he got a corporate offer and I didn't seeing as though he only got it due to my gambling but whatever. :rolleyes2:

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, the first part of this may not be correct. You might have had access, but just never tried, right?

So, were you playing on his card, which raised his play level. Or, is he actually playing more than you thought on his card?

4. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your accounts are linked, but you have zero access to his EC.

Linking only gets you the same kind of card, not the same offers.

5. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both cards linked to the account should have access to the EC's, I've never confirmed this but I wouldn't see why not they show on both accounts as the same balance; plus, you accumulate them together as a whole. It may, however, trigger a trip and lower your ADT but as you said you aren't to worried about that. I would think all should be fine for her to use the EC's, you could always contact M Life to confirm.

6. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife site doesn't address ECs directly in relation to using on a linked account, so I came here before calling them. I actually have found some old threads and they seem to suggest the ECs would be accessible by both on the linked account. She just has to travel with me to Tunica so they can setup the linked account. Has to be done in person by both parties. Since it appears that it will work, we will do that. I will confirm one way or the other and post back here. Since she doesn't gamble, using my comps will make her trip free. I never use the EC.

7. cmoney787

cmoney787 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and my cards are linked and she had access to ECs. They show combined balance when you check on slot machine and she had no issue using these. Our last trip was 3 weeks ago at Gold Strike in Tunica

8. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you are correct, I never tried so I don't know that it is possible.

I was not playing on his card but our cards are linked. I play on my own card. He has only been to Vegas twice and didn't gamble much since he doesn't really care for it. He'd rather sit in the hotel room and watch tv, lol. So no, he didn't play more than I thought. I know this because I was with him and gave him the cash to put in the machines, lol. I, on the other hand, go to Vegas 2-3 times per year and love to play slots and a little VP. I have earned MLife gold 2 years in a row now from gambling not purchases (I am still considered a low roller though). This is why I was a little miffed that he got the corporate offer and I didn't, but it didn't really matter much in the end since I was able to use it anyway.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, that just does not seem right. Maybe somewhere in the Mlife system, one person is designated the "lead" person.

Just wrong.. but if it works,then great.

10. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think there is a lead because he only got the corporate offer that one time and I have got it the rest of the times (previous to that one and after).There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of rhyme or reason to a lot of things they do, lol.

11. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a "primary" card holder with linked cards, and that card will receive the corporate offers from what my host explained; and, each card holder will receive offers based no individual play. I am the primary card holder and receive the corporate offers on our account and DH receives hotel specific offers only. We chose to gamble on my card a couple years ago to see if it would increase our offers and it doubled our FP & FB; on the downside, DH receives very few offers.

12. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just looking at both my husband and my accounts on MLife.com. It appears that they do combine our Express Comps (and HGS points) but our Point Play stays separate.

13. Tpmrwb

Tpmrwb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have shared with my husband no problems at all (Express Comps)

14. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you see the other persons account info when logging onto mlife site, such as tax info? Don't really want the wife to see the wins and/or especially the losses from my account. I have my gambling funds separate from everything else.

15. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Secretive. I like it. Would she even bother to log on ,mlife website? Or you r being careful.

16. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

My mlife account does not break down the wins/losses between linked accounts. Either mlife combines the amount, or each person has their own tracking.

17. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She probably wouldn't, but she is computer savvy, so she would know how if she wanted. Oh, she quit asking quite a few years ago, even when I was bringing bricks of cash home one year. I just told her it will come and go and it is better not to see the swings. She was fine with that, but I think it is because she doesn't see those swings.

Sindustry, so you can see win/loss statements? If it was just her account that would be fine. If it combines the win/loss amounts, then it would basically show my numbers.

18. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Yup...I can see win/loss statements, but I do not know if it shows it as a combined total. I linked my SIL's account to mine so that she could get Platinum privileges (line skipping). Her gambling is almost negligible.

19. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the win loss statements are separate on a linked account. My DH and I have a linked account but separate MLife account numbers. My account shows my win/loss. I had to set up a separate account under his MLife account number to access his win/loss. Both accounts show the same (accumulated) tier credits and ECs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.