1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking Multiple Rooms-Blocking Room Service Charges ?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Camp Rusty, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heynow......

So I may be booking and paying for multiple rooms for a bachelor party. That would be my contribution, maybe Palms, may be Rio. Eight rooms max.

My question is how can I pay for the rooms but block any charges to the rooms ? We are all older professionals that are used to traveling, and several Vegas regulars too. Everyone is used to just charging to our rooms. I know we'll all get drunk and revert to what we know, signing for stuff ! These are all great guys but I just don't want to deal with a pile of room service charges on my CC that I'd have to get checks for later.....seems like it would be worse than drunk people trying to split a bill at a restaraunt.

I wish I could swing an all inclusive but I am no where near as wealthy as I am good looking ! :kill:

Anyone ever done this ? Thanks, Rusty

2. Maylene

Maylene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stayed a ballys I asked if they could wavie the CC incidental hold because I didnt want to charge to my room. They said it was no problem, didn't charge the incidental and just took my card to have on file. I would call Rio and explain your situation. I'm sure it won't be a problem.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When checking in you just have to say that you don't want charge to room enabled for those rooms.

4. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Maylene.........makes sense.........we are still looking at hotels and number of rooms, likely mid week early August.....I am sure this is not a unique situation.

I am hoping to get rooms for $100.00 including taxes and resort fee.

These guys are all Pranksters and there is no limit to the weird stuff that they might charge to the rooms.

5. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Auggie....seems 100% straight forward then.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another option is to have them put their credit card on the room for incidentals and have the hotel take the charges to the room off their cards, then settle up with you at the end of the stay for the room itself. Just let the clerk know when you all check in.

7. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the way to do it. I have done this a number of times. I book all the rooms for my team and they put a card down for anything beyond the room. If you are getting 8 rooms you might be able to get a group rate if you call the hotel.

Good luck.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you should just pay for the room and require each person use their OWN card for incidentals, damages, etc. That is how lots of folks handle this stuff and is the norm for group events where somebody covers room charges.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.