1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upgrade from MB to Delano?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Fraggle, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fraggle

Fraggle People Watcher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Need some advice,

We are staying at the MB comped for two nights (Dec 25, 26). Just got an email offer to upgrade to the Delano for $20. I intended to $20 trick at check-in considering the poor #&%^# that has to work Christmas night might be extremely receptive. There is also four of us (two rooms), which in my mind would be worth the $20 trick to get us both checked in near eachother. I have seen the mixed reviews of the Delano, and figured that an upgraded room at the MB proper would be a better route, but now I am not so sure. Anyone have any opinions on a spa suite versus Delano room? how is the tub in the Delano? Dilemma's Dilemma's!

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The quality of the bathrooms is top priority for my wife when considering hotels and ships. She loved the bathroom of Delano. A nice big jetted tub and there was a flat screen tv near it.

Bill

3. ripper

ripper High-Roller

Not sure on the Delano but if you can upgrade into the GR750 in MB i think its worth it. Big jetted tub and tv near it. Make sure its a higher room.

Little mans 21st birthday!
  4. pikabu

pikabu Low roller, but always enjoy the ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just spent 3 nights at Delano. Bathrooms were not renovated from The Hotel days. Having said that, they are very nicely appointed. I like Delano's decor and having a separate living room area is great.

5. thestugot

thestugot Low-Roller

Not sure how you would apply the $20 trick. Delano has a separate check-in far from MBs check-in. I suggest paying in advance to guarantee your want. I have stayed at The Hotel many times. I like the quiet area and separate cab area.

6. Fraggle

Fraggle People Watcher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't necessarily want a Delano room specifically with the $20 trick.. but I have also heard of many people getting Delano rooms with the $20 trick, including several posts here in the $20 trick section.. my question was should we even bother with a Delano room compared to a very likely possibility of an upgraded MB room. The 750 GR is kind of a weird setup, but has a pretty nice tub for the wife.

7. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer the Delano to MB, but usually we can get upgraded just for asking.. have never paid the extra fee... you may just want to take your chances at check in?

8. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I went out a couple weeks ago and was reserved at MB just for one night and got the Delano upgrade offer- I decided to do it. I stayed in a standard MB room in July. I much preferred the suite in Delano than a standard MB room, but I am certainly not disappointed in an MB room. Didn't use the tub either time so can't comment on that, but the bathroom definitely felt nice to me. i also liked that the Delano room is 1.5 bath. The bed is quite firm but I like that in a bed, so no complaints from me there. For one night I would definitely pay the $20, for multiple I might just try to see if I can get upgraded at check in. Though in July I asked about moving to thehotel (they were in conversion) and they said I could upgrade to a newly remodeled Delano room for $50/night, which I was definitely not interested in, but based on how closely Delano and MB room prices seem to me whenever I search, I don't think they are putting that wide of a margin between them.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting - many of the comparisons above are a MB Room vs a Delano suite. In most cases, a suite of course wins out.

But, what about MB suites vs Delano Suites?

For our future trip, we have actually asked for the MB suite for a few reasons. Biggest for wife is the lounge for suites on top floors of MB. Also, still concerned about talk about hard pillows and overly firm beds at Delano. Not worth dealing with that.

10. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Delano in November. I was worried about the pillows too and it was the first thing I checked when I got to the room. I was happy to find after checking all the pillows that one of them was much softer than the other ones. I thought it still might still be a bit too hard for me but found it was just fine and the the bed was very comfy too. I had no problem sleeping. I have one of THEhotel's pillows at home so I was sad to hear they got rid of them. It sure was tough moving to MSS after that lol!

11. bob821

bob821 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fraggle,

Im at the Delano right now and I started at MB. I went from a "Great Room" suite at MB to a "Panoramic" suite at Delano. No jetted tubs in either just the deep soak tubs and here I have the extra 1/2 bath and seperate living area. Awesome room! Bright, comfortable bed, incredible view. Best overall service I've had in years; it's like the people enjoy working here. The reason for the switch is they refurbed some of the rooms and for some reason it's really noisy. I could here the guests in the next room and they weren't talking loudly just normal convesation tone. Very bothersome so I moved. Im here until the 26th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.