1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Booking Question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by waverunner, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am aware that CET won't book you online for 2 different hotels. But does anyone really know why? I still can't understand the policy.
    If i want to stay 5 nights at Harrah's, i can get comped for 5 nights. If i want to stay at the Linq for 3 nights at $30 per and 2 nights at Bally's for $40 per, why can't that be done?

Harrah's-------5 nights comped...............5 nights @ $150 (resort fee).
    Linq...............3 nights @ $30 per........Bally's 2 nights @ $40 per.............5 nights @ $150 (resort fee).

I'm still staying at CET hotels for 5 nights, and i want to pay $170 more.

I check out at the Linq at 11 am, and check into Bally's at 4 pm.

Has anyone called CET to book 2 hotels @ the rate calender fee? Or will the booking be higher?

2. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

A host can take care of that for you. My PH host is splitting a future trip for me...first 2 nights at Ceasars and next 2 nights at PH.

3. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks sin.
    I don't have a host, i'm just Gold. But if i don't have a host, is there someone i can call to explain what i want to do? I'm not booking yet, just trying to find some info on booking at calender rate for two properties.

I'm actually thinking about booking Linq and Cromwell, but at calender rate from my card. My calender rate is pretty low (Sun-Fri), mainly because i won't be paying for the resort fee.

4. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

This is a common thing that happens. A simple call to total rewards will get it done. Anytime you change hotels, the website returns the message "reservation already exists" for the day of checkout and won't let you book anywhere else no matter what.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  5. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So calling Total Rewards will give me the calender rate?

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. There is a block on online back to back Total Rewards reservations. A live human needs to confirm that you are not doing overlapping reservations and can override the block. Book the first leg and call in to do the second so they have no reason to assess the phone reservation fee.

7. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So i book the first 3 nights at the LinQ online, then call for my second two nights at, lets say Bally's. Do i call Total Rewards and tell them that i already booked online and i want to book 2 more at another CET hotel? But if i can't book the second 2 nights from the calender rate, how much more will the rate be from $40 per? Or will they honor my calender rate for my last two nights?
    Could i also book the second 2 nights comped?

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's just the way their online system is set up - it won't let you book back to back stays without at least 2 days in between check out and check in.

Book the Linq reservation online and then call and tell them the online system won't let you book the Bally's nights back to back. They'll know what you're talking about, they should book Bally's at your calendar rates, and they won't charge you for the phone reservation. I've done it.

If your calendar doesn't say COMP for a night, no, they're not going to comp you. And generally CET will only comp 5 consecutive nights. So let's say your calendar showed Harrah's would give you 5 comped nights, and your calendar showed Bally's would give you the next two nights comped, you wouldn't be able to get all 7 nights comped. You'd have to pay at least your calendar rate for the Bally's nights.

One other tip - when CET is running a high % off sale, and you can get a string of nights comped, but other nights you want to stay the calendar shows you have to pay, you may get a better deal on the paid nights by logging out and booking the paid nights without your TR #.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Simple stuff.

If you are at the Linq for Mon,Tue and Wed night, and leaving on Thursday - the stupid computer believes you are still at the Linq on Thursday. (sort of true).

Therefore, you can not book yourself into another hotel on the SAME DAY you are already in another place.

As said, a simple call or email will take care of it.

10. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same issue. Called the 800 number on the back of rewards card. Problem solved.

11. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks a whole bunch guys. Just one more question: If i do the combo, LinQ and another CET property, online and calling, would it matter what i book online first? Even a couple of free nights?
    When i book online, should i do the first 3 nights at the LinQ paid, and then call for the last 2 nights comped? Or should i reverse that and book my free nights online, then call the 800# to book the LinQ for the remaining 3 nights?
    I plan on staying at the LinQ 3 nights.

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It shouldn't make any difference really. But what I'd do is book the comped nights online first and get them in the bank, and get your confirmation #. Then bring up the calendar for Linq so you can see the rates there, and call while you have them in front of you.

13. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Chuck, i will book the free nights online, them call to book the LinQ with my calender in hand. Appreciate it.
    Just noticed you're from Boston...........i grew up in Medford, and most of my family still lives in Mass. and New Hampshire.
    Boston Strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.