1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

More Boyd MSS Questions

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by nhcris, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bet you'd never guess that I might have some more questions about MSS and comps. I did try to do a search, but some of the things I think I might recall I just can't find. Hopefully others will benefit from the discussion :)

I usually get 3 nights and either $10 or $20 x 2 for food. I just saw March offers online and have the 3 nights and $25 free play (never had fp before) but no mention of food. I hope that's not a trade off. I plan to stay there in March, but I hate paying for food on principle.

I think my offer codes back in the fall ended with a J (not positive) but Dec, Jan & Feb ended with a D and March ends with a C. I remember some discussion of these codes but can't find it now. Can someone enlighten me as to what this means?

I made Sapphire and was under the impression there was some sort of reward for that. I got a mailer from the Orleans congratulating me for making it to Sapphire with a coupon for a $10 logo item from Orleans, Sam's Town, Gold Coast or Suncoast. REALLY??? I don't even play at those places. Is that really the reward for making Sapphire?

That's all I can think of at the moment :peace:

2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You moved up...
    3 nights + $25 slot play is the next level above 3 nights + $20 food credit. (which is actually $40, because its two coupons)
    IMHO, ita a DOWNGRADE, because slot play is virtually worthless.
    on the $10 item..that's just the way it is..
    It goes:
    Gold Card
    Silver Card
    $75 slot play
    $50 slot play
    $25 slot play
    $20x2 food credit
    $10x2 food credit

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim, can you equate these to an alpha code?
    How many times have you played at MSS? edit, Perhaps I should ask what is Tim's average daily coin-in at Boyd.

4. TomBrady'sLoveChild

TomBrady'sLoveChild Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly Chris it says on your avatar you're a High Roller. Really are you that concerned about a $25FP or $20 food credit? Your getting 3 free nights at MSS. I don't disrespect you for this, I got 3 free nights at the Fremont Super Bowl week. You actually know the codes? Be thankful that Boyd sends offers to us low-rollers. I'd love to spend my week at Aria comped with a $500FP. That's not me and probably not you. Enjoy your birthday and win lots of $$$$$$$. GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!

5. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The name under your avatar has nothing to do with the amount you play. It's just a name this board gives to people based on the amount of posts they have.

Here, you can be a low rolling chatterbox and still be a whale! :)

6. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahaha! Pretty sure high roller will never be a term used to describe me anywhere except right under my avatar on this board :)

I do consider myself a Comp Maximizer though and the more information I have the better I can plan how best to play with the bankroll I have. Because my trips are usually more than 5 days, I need to have more than one resort cultivated at all times. Oddly enough, my 2 favorite places to play in Vegas are Palazzo and Main Street Station, and Palazzo actually comps me better than MSS. Go figure!

7. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that breakdown, Tim. I also consider going from $40 in food to $25 in FP to be a downgrade. Do you have any idea where the meal coupon books fit into this? I have some friends that get them but most of them play as couples and I really don't know their coin in.

I'm not sure why it's bugging me so much to lose the food vouchers since I have a tough time spending $20 at one sitting for myself. Guess I'm quirky :)

8. kiwiboy1

kiwiboy1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That the free play and ask a host for a meal comp. Now you get both.

9. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I was getting wiper blades when I wrote that first post, so it was quick and dirty...
    The aloha coupon (meal) books fit in just under silver card, sorry, forgot about those.
    I can't equate mailer codes, because earlier this year they changed their whole system... (Cut it back, if you ask me)
    If you play around $3000 coin in per day, it'll be your best bet..because youll get 3 nights comp + $20x2 dining credits...
    If you ask nicely, those meal vouchers are good at The Cal too (we used to use them for a nice dinner at Pasta Pirate)
    If you want to go whole hog and max out the comp value, that's a whole nother' situation (pm me for that info).

10. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to be able to...
    EDIT:
    Looks like the last digit matters
    "E" is for "2 nights anytime, no food"
    "D" is for "3 nights, plus a little food (either $20x2 or $10x2)
    "C" is for "3 nights, plus $25 slot play"
    "B" is for "5 nights, plus $50 slot play, and either aloha book or silver card"
    "A" is for "5 nights, plus $75 or $100 slot play, and gold card"

I'd bet that Joe's offer (possibly) for December is:
    GD1412B

I've played there a lot...but it isn't from playing a lot..its from social hacking, that I know as much info as I do...theres a really good play at MSS, if you truly want to be an AP in Vegas...
    But as for me, I've learned that having diamond at CET, and FUN, is non-equitable to being an AP at MSS...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
  11. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim,

Thanks so much! Your info is really helpful. I was going to send this as a PM but I think it could be helpful to other players.

I don't know how MSS does their play days, so I'm not sure about daily coin in. I usually arrive between 10 & 11pm on my first night and I probably play 3 or 4 hours before I crash. I also play a couple hours my last morning.

So on a 2 night stay I earned a little over 12,000 points. On a 3 night stay I earned 15,000 points. From that, what would you say my daily coin in equates to? I'm thinking I may be sabotaging myself by the short play times on arrival and departure day. Not to mention the hours on my full days that I spend at 4 Queens Bar chasing the quad progressives with the Mikes, but who can resist that?

If I were to ask for a food comp after a full days play (oddly I'm a little shy about asking for stuff directly) how many points would they be looking for, and what should I be asking for? I am not a fan of the buffet but I enjoy 777 and Market Street Cafe.

What is an AP? I'm not sure that I can do a whole lot better with the bankroll that I have, but I am open to learning a better strategy!

12. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cris, I know you posted your question for Tim but I would like to throw out my thoughts.

MSS gambling days start around 5am, cannot remember the exact time but I have it in my notes at home. If you gamble the days of check-in and check-out that would be 3 gambling days for a two night trip, and 4 gambling days for a 3 night trip. You had 27k coin in divided by 7 days for an average daily coin-in of $3857.

13. Scot

Scot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In February, on my 3 night stay, the host made it sound like she was doing me a favor by comping my room for the 3 nights on 36,000 coin-in. It was the Friday - Sunday of the Super Bowl, so maybe things are tighter then.

My average coin-in per day there over the last year is right around $11,000 a day (5 nights, ~$55,000 coin in total at MSS), and I'm only getting the 3 nights + $10 food offer. I keep reading about people getting the Gold Card for this type of play!

I do not play on checkout day.

14. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Ty, I am definitely looking for input from anyone that has something to add! That's why I posted here instead of sending a PM :) Well, it looks like I need to stop playing on the last morning. My coin in would look much better divided by 5 for sure!

It does sound like you are being under comped. I will be curious to see if anyone here has any insight. The hosts that I have spoken to there have not been warm and fuzzy by any means, which is one reason I am not that comfortable asking for anything. I thought it was due to my play, but sounds like you got the same feeling for much better play. Although Superbowl weekend is a busy weekend which could make a difference, but a nice attitude from a host goes a long way in establishing loyal players.

15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They must have changed the codes. I tossed Dec, but Jan & Feb offers are both G1501M03. I book through our host but the offer is 4 nights, $75 FP & 24 meals based on double O.

With my wife and I playing on the same card, we usually total 10k plus, per day, during a stay and yes I get the Gold card. As I've speculated before, customer loyalty may play a part. We have been staying there over 14 years. Our standard trip is usually 4 nights, but we do it 5x per year and that has let me keep the Emerald Card for another year.

I also do not gamble the day of departure and the MSS & Cal day starts at 3 AM.

16. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been silver for years and was recently downgraded due to some very short play days on my wife's card. The accounts are linked so activity on her card counts against me. On my recent stay, I was able to ask the club booth for food anytime and it was not a problem. You can definitely get a comp to 777 or Redwood but a host has to write those as opposed to the buffet which is issued by the slot club. There will be a host at the club booth or they can page one very easily.

The host asked me how much I wanted at 777 when I was getting a comp to cover aaisack and I. My problem was that I had no idea what menu prices were (due to being comped upfront and not paying attention) but I told her $30 and she acted like I should have asked for more.

I averaged $11k per day while there. Asking is a hassle and I much prefer the upfront comp but they were very friendly each time I talked to them.

18. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure this is insightful as when playing craps at the California I always ask for a comp (single up to now) for the MSS buffett or cafe at California. Not a problem but then not sure that does not trigger a "modified" rating for my play. Either way it is not out of pocket.

19. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, when playing table games at any Boyd property, you MUST ask for a comp from the PitBoss, otherwise, there's no other way to get a food comp (other than going through a host...but that seems to work less than just going through the PitBoss)

20. gregluvsvegas

gregluvsvegas Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had C, B and A offers and my monthly offers are always the same. Those letter codes mean something, but probably not what they did in the past. Recently my monthly offers have been 'A' offers (4 nights, Aloha coupon book, $100 FP). One thing I have noticed is that I get more tournament offers and special event offers. I probably get 2-3 mailings per month. Only the monthly offer includes all the perks. Another common offer is for 3 nights and 33 spins on the Blazing 7's machines ($1) with no Aloha book. My home property is Fremont.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.