1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help me figure tier value

Discussion in 'Comps' started by AbFab, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey folks!

Just back from Vegas and I earned 35,225 tier credits with MLife via a mix of slots and table game. Can anyone tell me what that's equivalent to? I ask, because I was there on a three day comp at the Spa suite (mgm) with car services to and from the airport and 350 food comp. My bankroll is always 3k. Just trying to figure how I got that original offer and if I'll get it again with my recent play. Also. when I checked out I wasn't charged the resort fee.

Thanks!

2. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually earn double that in tier credits (with double the bankroll) and without the car service.

I think that was a nice offer!!!

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your TC represent approximately $700 in comps. I have no idea how they value a spa suite, but that seems like you got a good offer, maybe a tad overcomped, but nothing crazy

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'd have to assess the play on your previous trip to figure out why you got that offer.

It's a high offer based on your stats from this trip. But it wouldn't necessarily be high if you blew through $3k in 2 or 3 days on your previous trip, especially if that was your first time playing on an MLife account.

5. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last trip I had the same bankroll, and played the same amount. And in the last trip I had and booked the same offer, but was charged the resort fee and they took all of my express comps. This trip no resort fee and my express comps were not charged, which I found weird and inconsistent. Both trips were for 3 days.

So with a 3k BR I got the offer (suite, car service $350 food comp) twice.

And I suspected I was being over comped. Let's see what my next offer will be.

6. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UK, I believe those tier credits determine a theo of $1174 (30 tier credits per $1 theo), so total comps earned would be about $470 (includes EC and primary). The OP was definitely been over comped. That is a good thing for is gamblers, but I wouldn't expect future offers to be as generous. If the OP gets another similar offer before the system updates, then jump on it quick. I would definitely anticipate the system offers to adjust down if play stays at that level.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a reminder... the amount of tier credits earned is much more valuable in estimating theo than the size of the bankroll. One could earn the same amount of tier points with a $1,000 bankroll as with a $20,000 bankroll. Depends on how much "replay" you are able to milk it for.

8. scohitch

scohitch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the same bankroll before and "only" received $100 in resort credits and three free nights at NYNY and Excalibur. That was after playing a few months before with the same bankroll. I spread my play around at different properties, all Mlife, so my offers through them aren't great. That's why I prefer CET - doesn't matter where you play, they combine all play and then bring offers for each property. Starting this trip, we're back to CET, bankruptcy threat and all.

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You were way overcomped.

But maybe you'll get lucky like that again.

10. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have to agree with Shifter here. Way overcomped for sure. But nevertheless, enjoy it while it lasts!

11. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use an easier calculation (50TC = $1 in comps), which has always been very accurate, at least for my play and comps. Either way, its an overcomp, just a question of how much

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  12. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah :evillaugh and def spoiled me. Fun using the VIP lounge and being picked up. However, considering my tier value calculated, I'd be beyond shocked to get it again for the third time.

13. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, for pure slot play that would be 3522 points. (Points=TC/10.)

That's what MGM Grand asked me for PER DAY for far less in comp value. Still you got it.

14. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks like an overcomp, but if you played the majority on a "specialty" machine you would be earning less TC's but spending more money. I would think with slots it is dependent on the type of slot machine you are playing as well. Wouldn't the theo be higher than it looks through your TC's earned if you played more specialty machines? My host will tell me my play in dollars and it doesn't always synch up with my TCs and I figure it is due to specialty machines thrown in the mix.

15. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play those penny machines at max, which is always over $3.00 dollars. And the Hangover/SITC slots, which are $6.00 bucks a spin.

16. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the specialty machines you need to look for a sign that tells you the dollar value per point. Wonder Woman at Aria was $8.33 per point. I played $20 and left in a hurry to play another machine that was more "generous" with points.

17. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Where do you find the signs? I tried looking on many machines at MB and Luxor this weekend but couldn't find any- I would count my coin-in when I started on a machine and on those that weren't $3/pt I tried to find signs but never saw them.

I know there are tons of factors that go in to comps, and I am a SMALL player, but I was trying to get my resort fee comped last week and used this as an estimation and it didn't work out so easily for me. I was staying at Delano for one night (booked via MyVegas and had an email offer for $20 upgrade). I played only slots and put on 250 pts (or 2500 TC), but when I went to mlife to ask about resort fee she said I didn't have enough comps. She told me that I had $793 coin-in, and that I had enough to go to the buffet, but they like to see at least $50 in comps before they take resort fee off. I did end up talking with her more to try to understand better what it takes to earn that (never got a good answer) but she did end up taking the resort fee off anyways, so it worked out for me, but I still don't understand how to figure comps... I wasn't a winner either, my actual loss for the night was $219.95 (had probably between 2-3 hours of play). In my discussion with the rep she did say that it was 6000 points for a comped room, but I am not sure if she meant at MB or Delano, because either way that sounded really high to me, but what do I know.

I may have underplayed the next two nights at Luxor too... I came in on a comp bday offer for a tower deluxe, which an email got me upgraded to player's deluxe no charge. This was a fri/sat and included $20 in free play. I don't know what my coin-in was there, but I think I earned another ~500 points, but my loss was only ~$151. I don't love Luxor but would take more free nights (especially weekends) but not sure if I will see that again as my usual offer is bogo midweek nights with no FP.

I don't want to chase comps, I just want to be able to estimate so I know what to expect... Oh well, looks like I will probably book my next trip through myvegas anyways :)

18. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Aria and Mirage they are 2 x 2 silver signs on the front of the machine.

19. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rather low play in the comp world. And, you did get a room, via MyVegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.