1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How responsive is Aria Skysuites Concierge

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Labeeb, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Labeeb

Labeeb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of weeks ago I booked a 1 BR Skysuite at Aria for a solo trip in January. I liked gambling at Aria, so I figure why not try out the hotel. I'm testing the waters at the Skysuites for possible return trips with the GF in the future. The day after booking I was contacted by a member of the concierge staff, letting me know to inform them of anything I might want/need and to tell me of all of the wonderfulness they have to offer. I let her know of one small request and haven't heard anything back since. Is this par for the course? I would assume not. Just want to make sure before I check back in. I'm a low maintenance guest, but if they can take care of a thing or two to make the trip a bit easier....that's one of the perks of the SS!

2. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like the Aria, but my experience is that the staff are trained to be obsequious but don't really stray outside strictly defined corporate boundaries if you have a non-standard request.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn it... I gotta break out the dictionary again:

ob·se·qui·ous
    əbˈsēkwēəs/Submit
    adjective
    obedient or attentive to an excessive or servile degree.
    "they were served by obsequious waiters"
    synonyms: servile, ingratiating, sycophantic, fawning, unctuous, oily, oleaginous, groveling, cringing, subservient, submissive, slavish;

I wonder if there's a site about Vegas for Chico State graduates... the folks around here are always using the big words!!!

4. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about this version:
    They be like all up in your face about it, then diss you.

5. scohitch

scohitch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To add to PayTriple's comment: Dey frontin'! Buss a cap in dey ass!

Also, be sure to let us know how things go as I'm quite curious.

6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

When staying in SS, a concierge will always call to see how they can help and to set up your limo ride. I had a 2br penthouse in SS back in January. Concierge called to see how she could assist. I also never heard back from her...turns out she was no longer with SS and they never bothered to have anyone else follow up with me.

7. Labeeb

Labeeb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I decided to shoot them back a message, and sure enough a different person responded. Could have been the first rep's day off, but who knows. They did shoot over the confirm for the limo and didn't say anything about my little request. I'll just wait and see what happens when I get there. If it happens, great. If not, it's really not the end of the world and will know how the game is played going forward. Thanks everyone!

8. valsdad

valsdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what happens when a three star hotel pretends it's five. Nice rooms, service a crapshoot.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.