1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay ~ Complimentary Suite Upgrade? (From Promo Code)

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by vidmancs78, Nov 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vidmancs78

vidmancs78 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked Mandalay Bay using promo code: P2MKTMET.
    The promo code offers "Complimentary Suite Upgrade* (Based on Availibility)".

1. Has anyone ever gotten this suite upgrade? I'll be staying there on Monday, so I assume "Availibility" will not be an issue?
    2. The fine print states, "Room will be upgraded to 600SS or 750GR". So which room is better?

2. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    600 SS is the Bay Suite (I assume they didn't want to call it the BS), 750 GR is the Great Room. The number represents the amount of square feet.
    You can go to the hotel web site to take virtual tours of the two rooms. They're pretty similar except the Great Room uses most the extra 150 square feet for a card table and four chairs.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the bay suite is the spa suite. I've heard several people say the 750 GR is useless... the layout is odd. Look at youtube, lots of videos :)

I would ask if I could be move to Delano!

Also I wouldn't assume a Monday will be easier, they host a TON of conventions, making them busy during the week frequently.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither really takes advantage of the extra space -- bottom line, they're really just larger rooms rather than true "suites". That being said, I think they're both very nice, and it's one of my favorite properties to stay at.

5. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gotten the suite upgrade before using the same type of offer. All they had available when I checked in were bay suites. I actually really liked the room, but the view sucked (no floor to ceiling windows in these rooms that MB is known for).

The bathroom was spacious and very nice. I loved the tv in the bathroom while getting ready. Overall, I'd definitely take one again if offered.

6. vidmancs78

vidmancs78 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for your input.

I'll be staying the week before Christmas, which is usually the quietest week of the year.

If they let me choose, I take the BS Suite so I can use the spa tub.

7. Pokerhontas

Pokerhontas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used this code... managed to get a lovely Great Room Suite which is much bigger than the spa suite and still has the huge tub! Asked for strip view and got it. Well worth it

8. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Sorry to hijack, do you think it's worth $20/night to upgrade from a standard room to Delano? Only staying one night. My biggest reason not to is we are moving to luxor for two nights after so I know it will feel like a big step down...

9. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say it's most definetly worth $20 /night to upgrade from a standard Mandalay room to a room at Delano.. But yes, Luxor would be quite a bit of a step down from Delano.

10. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had an offer for a suite upgrade (Based on Availability) Sept '14. I was there for 2 nights, Wed/Thu. I was told no suites available..., "oh wait. If you want to wait until 3:00pm I can have a suite ready for you...but it's smoking." I took it anyway because I wanted to see what one of their suites looked like (I was staying at a suite at Redrock anyway...double booked). The suite reeked of smoke and an orangy type of spray that made my eyes and nose itch... and I like strong purfume and air freshener smells...this was the first one that ever annoyed me. The room was okay, about 50% larger than a regular room, had a nice bathroom with small marble shower, 2 sinks, tv in mirror, short and wide jacuzzi tub. Worth a $20 bill trick if you're staying more than one night if just for the size upgrade. I couldn't put up with the smell and stayed in my Red Rock room.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.