1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Flynn1985, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flynn1985

Flynn1985 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, can anyone recommend a good limo company to hire from, just looking to hire one for 2 hours for 4 people. Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential seems to get good reviews from board members. Some even request their favorite driver.

3. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We use presidential every time to/from the airport and pre-book, however for LIMO's while you are in Vegas, 90% of the time you can simply go out to the Taxi stand and ask if you can use the hotel LIMO (they usually charge about $60/hour), or another option is earth limo, we used them 3 times on our last trip and the service was excellent. Oh, and with earth limo you can negotiate for an upgrade or a cheaper price if you tell them you are trying to decide between them and presidential :)

4. Flynn1985

Flynn1985 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks guys, yeah Presidential seems to get good reviews, think ill just go with them. thanks for you help

5. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most limo companies have a 3 hour minimum requirement. Make sure you ask them if there's a min. requirement before booking.

6. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this true in Las Vegas? I have done hourly's and transfer's in the past, and have not heard that.

7. IHeartDancers

IHeartDancers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With a limo pick up from the airport, for one hour, do you think its possible to make a quick stop at the Las Vegas sign, a place to buy booze then to the vdara hotel?

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'd be pushing it as your hour starts when the plane lands, not when you meet the driver, this is assuming you pre-booked. But if you go over they just pro-rate but get clarification from your driver when you meet him at baggage claim. If they require a full additional hour then just take your time and have him drive up and down the strip for a few minutes. I usually request the limo driver long haul me on purpose.:evillaugh

9. IHeartDancers

IHeartDancers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, long haul sounds like a good idea. What if I cut out the booze run and just go the Las Vegas sign and hotel, do you think that will cut it?

10. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your plane is on time, you don't have to wait for luggage and it's earlier in the day.....I think you might make it.........but I wouldn't count on the stars lining up for you.

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've used Bell Trans. Ask for Milt as a driver if you use them. I don't remember anything about a 3 hour minimum.

12. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's with Presidential advertising that you can add a bottle of "cider"? Last time I went there they had bottles of champagne if you wanted one.

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess they are now under pressure to stop pushing alcohol.

When we've done a limo tour of the Strip, our first stop has been a liquor store where we picked up enough adult beverages to pollute the East River! :)

14. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just ask for champagne and it will be included. I still don't know why they go with sparkling cider but when I ask it is champagne.

15. Prime

Prime Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can confirm asking for champagne works. We did it last week and the driver had great pride in pointing it out.

16. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, thanks. We used Presidential last year and had a great experience. Bottle of bubbly and we got to stop at the sign and everything.

17. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Limo companies are technically not allowed to promote alcoholic beverages, but can provide them.

Some companies have 2 hour minimums on bigger vehicles, but have never heard of anyone doing anything over a 1 hour or even a 1.5. People forget or dont understand. Limo companies start your time when you land, not when you order it. They only have a certain amount of time to be in zero level, if they pass that time the limo company gets charged. i tell people to ask their driver to get to the airport 20 minutes after your flight lands. it gives you time to get your luggage and go on to bathroom and so on. That way you get the remainder of the hour and can make your stops. Not all limo companies will let you do it, so if you plan on seeing the sign, stopping at store, then book it for 1.5 hours. Also, some companies will charge you for a second hour, not 30 minutes if you go over the first hour, and they will charge you and add gratuity, so be careful who you book with.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.