1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sixt car rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by scottydoog, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone on here rented from Sixt car rental in Vegas? I got a good deal on a PCAR (premium) any idea what their premium fleet is?

2. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you see a good rate on their BMWs? They're prob. have the largest BMW fleet worldwide amongst the rental car companies..

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have become my "preferred" car rental company. The short wait for the shuttle is more than made up for by their speedy delivery and great prices. I have not rented a Premium car from them.

4. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. I will post with what is available when I pick the car up. I was looking for something big with a V8, coming from europe, I,m used to BMW/Jaguar/Audi, so would like something a little different, time will tell I suppose.

5. Nfl0109

Nfl0109 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this rental place located at the airport? Or do you have to take the tram to the car rental place then on to another shuttle or taxi to the car rental place? Or do you take a shuttle / taxi to the place right from the airport and not at the car rental location. Meaning it's not located at the airport?

6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All car rental agencies are off-airport.

Take the car rental shuttle to the car rental terminal. Then walk across the parking lot (short walk) to Taxi stand 4.

Call 1-702-462-2664 or
    702-778-5756 to tell them that you need to be picked up.

P.S. Oh, and I got a <$21 1 day rental from them just last week.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  7. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rented from Sixt once before. No problems. Just as good as everyone else.

8. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Sixt for a 5 day rental that ended yesterday at 10 am.
    So easy and so cheap. $120 all in for a Santa Fe with under 7k miles. You can hit Sixt with a half swing sand wedge.

Their van runs continually between the rental center and their location. All agents are very well trained and well groomed.
    Return was very easy and if you forget fuel, there is a Sinclair station on site.

I will definitely rent from them again.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So where exactly are they located? This sounds like a Fox rent a car thing but they are a little aways from the rental facility. Hope that Sixt is closer to the rental facility.

edited: I did a google search, is it really (just about) across the street from the rental facility, less than a block away? Do they have a selection of rental cars or just one or two per car type (compact, economy, midsize, etc.). And do you have to wait for your car to be prepped because they don't have a large selection? That was one of the knocks I had against ez - they usually only have 1 or 2 cars available so if you don't like the car you have to wait for the next car to return or be prepped.

10. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was very cheap. Its right across the street from the rental car facility (well, diagonal) but not really "Walkable". I would give them a B only because even on a quiet day when I went, it took them almost 45 minutes to get me into a car. They had a dozen of them in their lot, but they were only giving people cars from their overflow lot, and the guys were walking back and forth with keys etc. I would probably use them again.

11. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I got them on a bad day.......31 Dec I turned up to pick up my car, waited in line for 50 mins (with only 3 people in front of me!!) Then gets to the desk, hands over my booking confirmation / credit card, then the girls asks for my passport, which is back at the Venetian, I then decide that by the time I get back to the V, pick up my passport and get back to Sixt, then it is going to be around 6 pm, general mayhem time!! so I said I would come back the next day and pick the car up, no problem they said.
    Turns up the next day with all documents, they are the only company that have asked me for my passport????? and after standing in line for another hour, gets to the desk, and they tell me they dont have any premium cars, no problem I say, just give me something better, big SUV, sports, prestige, sorry comes the reply, we are really short of cars??? I am mad now, so where is the car I have reserved on my confirmed reservation, Chrysler 300 or similar?? Oh we had to give that car out yesterday....WTF.
    I ended up with a Honda Accord, probably 2 groups below what i should have got, by this time I had had enough and told them just to give me the car, I had things to do.
    The whole place seemed to be a bit disorganized with the desk clerks, running in/out of the building with sets of keys. All in all, I will give them a miss next time.

12. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is great information. I've been tempted to rent from them, but saving the few bucks hasn't really been worth it to me yet. In vegas, i just need a beater to get around. I prefer being able to go to straight to my car with some of the majors. More Vegas time, less waiting. Has Sixt done alot of upsell/hassle about the insurance thing?

PS, if they had a good 4x4 or off roader, I would do it. My recent trips have included a few desert trips and I like to off-road.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.