1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question re: Checking out (or not) at Downtown Grand

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by ju5tagt, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

I'm not sure where to post this question and if there is an answer elsewhere, my apologies....

We are coming in next week, four nights comped at TI (Wed-Sun). For my daughters 21st birthday, I booked an offer I received in the mail for 2 nights free at Downtown Grand so she can fully experience all that is the Freemont St. Experience (Thurs nite)!! We are planning on only staying 1 night of the 2. If we have no room charges, do I need to physically need to check out of the hotel on the second day, or can we just leave when we feel like it? We plan to spend our last night back at TI.

Thanks in advance!

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can probably call in an Express Checkout. That's what I have done before at the Venetian and Wynn.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just leave and if you're worried about it, call them up on day 2 and tell them you forgot to check out.

Have you been there before? I liked it a lot! Points are easy to come by they gave me a shirt, hoodie, $5 free play, and 2 pumpkin pies. Nice and clean, classy place with cheap gambling. Perfect for a cheap, classy guy like me.

4. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at DT Grand 3 or 4 times and have only checked out one time. The other times I just left the keys on the counter in my room. No issues.

5. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rarely check out unless I want to review the charges for some reason. I've never had a problem anywhere.

6. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for your responses - I feel much better now. I'll just leave the keys.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you are staying at the DTG for one night you could always check out after the first night, saying that something came up and you had to leave. most hotels have the check out from your TV screen so you can just check out then without having to explain yourself. Or you could stay past lunchtime and check out in the afternoon (so it appears you made use of the 2nd night). So many options to choose from. You could probably wing it and decide the morning/afternoon you leave the hotel.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much the same at almost every hotel in the country. Just leave when you want.

This assumes you left a credit card on file for any incidental charges. Other than when I need to use points, we just leave. I am always amazed at how many people are standing in a checkout line, in Vegas or hotels everywhere.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some people use the checkout to get a written copy of their hotel bill (tax purposes). While they can send us a copy of the bill, many just want to get it while there so they can examine and contest any charges they find. Yes, we can always just use the tv checkout to check out charges but some people just want the hard copy when they leave.

You are correct, probably at least 50% if not more people in the check out line probably didn't need to go through the line.

10. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your help everyone!!! T minus 7 days!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.