1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comp question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Arkangel, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkangel

Arkangel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at aria and I am a gold mylife member. I play mostly baccarat, 225 dollar average. I don't play all the hands in the shoot. Most likely 60 percent of the deck. I played about 4 hours a day for three days the last time I went. They only put me down as 4.5 hours. I went to the hosts office and they said it was because I wasn't playing every hand. Is this true???? I played the same amount of time last trip but I lost and they seemed much nicer and my time played was listed correctly. I won this time and the hosts were very rude.

Lastly just wondering what kind of comps I should be getting with an average bet like that and should I have a host???? Haven't been approached by anyone as of yet. My next trip in dec will be my fourth this year to an mgm property.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess they want to accurately reflect your play. After all, if you sat at the table and played zero hands, what would be the rating. Or if you play only 10% of the hands, what would it be?

Anyways, welcome aboard. For future postings, you might want to be a bit more descriptive in your title. Imagine if all the postings with a comp question titled it "comp question".

3. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually they go by full shoe, half shoe, or 1/3 shoe. So even if you were playing 60% they probably have you listed at 1/2 shoe. Time doesn't matter, as for baccarat each shoe counts about 1 hour, so if you played say 3 shoes that day, that they counted as 1/2 shoes, you time will be 1.5 hours that day.

Hope this helps...MGM also tightening comps...

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah don't even think about hours. It's all about number of shoes. If you were playing 4 hours a day, that's probably 2.5 to 3 shoes, but at 60% they probably only gave you credit for 1.5 per day. That's exactly 4.5 hours total.

5. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MLIFE goes by shoes so Shiffter and Natedog is correct.

But the host should not be rude. Does not matter if you play every hand they adjust it. You should get some good comps from Aria. Free 3 nights and extras.

6. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rude? Maybe he was, maybe not. That is always in the eye of the beholder. And, of course there are varied levels of "rudeness".

As a side note - if somebody played enough to get $50 in comps, but they expected and demanded $300 in comps, then the response from a host could easily be construed as rude. Just an example and surely not a reflection of the original poster.

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don' know. If they are rating the OP for only 1.5 hours a day, then he is only generating around $200 a day in comps. That's maybe enough for a standard room, especially if its a weekday. Not so sure that's sufficient play for any extras

I Need Spa
  8. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arkangel, from now on when you are about to leave just ask the floor sup your avg and time. If they say 1 hr and you feel it was 2 hrs then nicely ask for an explanation and ask them to give you the 2 hrs anyway. They probably will meet you half way. Worth a try. Host has no power to change ratings. It is all up to the floor sup.. Welcome and good luck.

9. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you know how they rate Blackjack?

10. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember blackjack depends on your skill level, whether you play according to the book. I make it a point to ask the floor on iffy plays since I'm usually the only one at the table. If you are an average player ( won't surrender, double on soft 18), then they will rate you at around 1hr avg bet theo. So betting 100 gets you around 100 theo an hour.

11. Arkangel

Arkangel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the answer's guys. I'm just wondering I played the same way on my trip prior and got 12.5 hours. Played about the same time and maybe 10 percent more hands. I'll just ask the pit boss the average bet and time as packer suggested. I did get comped 3 day stay at regular room and 100 bucks to spend at aria. I guess that's what my play deserves now that I have heard from all of you.

Thanks again.

12. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing I noticed is if you are tipping and have a relationship with the pit boss, they will generally give you a better rating and time.

I met a few great pit bosses at V/P. I asked one pit boss in the past about my rating and she asked me what I wanted to be rated at. Very nice lady.

13. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If this is in fact true, then one of two things has happened.

a) They rated you too high the first time
    or
    b) They rated you too low the next time.

or maybe a little of both.

Can just as easy be the first scenario as the second. In the end, there is a human making a decision and writing it down/entering into computer. Add is some shift changes, bad day, busy or dead tables and all kinds of things can happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.