1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Twerking Virgins in Vegas

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Brensan, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This trip was a few months ago - it has taken me this long to get around to it! I'm not very experienced in writing trip reports, so I am going to post in pieces - maybe a day at a time. I have lots of pictures, hope you enjoy!

Girls trip consisting of:
    Susan, Dana (Vegas-Virgin sisters), Lisa, Laura (sisters), and me.

Took a lot of planning on my part because I was mostly funding this trip through my comps. We decided to stay at Mandalay Bay because I get better comps there than at Aria, plus MB has nice two bedroom suites. So we got a 2BR suite, one king bed, two queens, and also another regular room two queen beds – so everyone had their own bed! Comped rooms plus $1000 resort credit and $800 freeplay and 5 free show tickets– we are set!
    0160d39843b6df4025cb905e98e7180364f074417b.jpg
    On the airplane (3 hour trip), we watched “Best Night Ever” to get them ready for Vegas – great movie!

Once we landed, we had to stop and play Hangover – Lisa's favorite slot. She lost $20, & I won $80. We lost track of time (already?...), and it made us late for baggage pickup. The Limo driver (Alex) had given up on us and left –(I didn't hear my phone) so I had to call him back. He was great and came right back for us. We got him to stop at the “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign for our first photo op. I've actually never been there in all the years I've been going to LV, and I thought it would be a good start for my “Virgins”. There was a long line, but our Limo driver got a good picture of us!

010c3cb1084616e497fd7cc5aa756249f8eecc3a26 (612x514).jpg

We checked in, got settled, and gambled a little. Then we got Alex to take us downtown. I had a list of things I wanted to show them, but only got to a few. It was very crowded because the band “Three Doors Down” was playing. We drank, explored, gambled, took a lot of photos and made fools of ourselves of course! Then we ate at Dupars for their cheap shrimp cocktails & great food. After that we played Black Jack at Binions for a couple of hours.

011c35dfaed08a0aa8e08bfe53e0ab5efee5ce86bb.jpg 01e97e714d2bce77d5d8b30c4a741d65064353606a.jpg 018e969bd76daa8cd066dd7f0ed0a28a49583fdf1f.jpg

After we got back to MB that night, three of the girls went to bed, and two of us gambled till about 3 or 4 am. Next day: Exploring the Strip.

2. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great offer to get you to go! Awesome you shared it with some friends

3. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cannot wait for more, I looking at pictures of others having fun!

While I do not play as much as you to get those amount of comps I always share what I have with my friends as well.

4. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great start! I always love TR's with a large number of pics. Can't wait to read the rest of it!!

5. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is shaping up to be a very fun report....looking forward to more! Sorry I'll miss meeting you in December!

6. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a lot of fun so far.....keep it coming :drunk:

7. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 2

On Sunday morning we had specialty Bloody Marys at the MB Cafe, then did a strip "walkabout".
    Took the free tram to Luxor, Excalibur, then NYNY. We rode the roller coaster at NYNY, then walked across the street to MGM and took the tram to Harrahs, visited Paris, Bellagio, Madam Tussauds Harrahs, and the Venetian.

IMG_2106.jpg 011c7cf2269af86079b00146157ccbebd23da7bb21.jpg photo 2 (1).JPG 019eb35e037dc4f6de51b18c30023e2f39d3c59fa7.jpg 01e171b152a57283855c8c026320cfa2321d52f93f.jpg 014b33ede0ae9fd5137e54389f09a8e6ff570f5041.jpg

On the way back, we went to the Minus 5 bar at Mandalay Bay. I've been there before with a different group of people, but it was much more fun with this group! I'd be willing to bet there are some people from Canada, Illinois, and North Dakota that still remember us Texas Girls!! For those of you that have not been to Minus 5, everything in there is made of ice – the bar, the walls, the seats, even the shot glasses. There is a bartender in there serving up shots, and of course a photographer to take pictures (so you can buy them later). Most people just go in and have a couple of shots, then leave, but we stayed through several groups coming and going – maybe even chased a few away – who knows.

photo 1 (2).JPG

After freshening up, and after dinner (don't remember where..), we all went gambling at the Bay. Three of our group just played penny slots and electronic $5 Black Jack. Lisa played higher limit BJ, and I checked out the high-limit slot area. I got a little lucky with two different Cleopatra slots, but worked real hard at giving it all back.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Tomorrow I will post a dinner review at L'Alterier (I'll also learn how to spell it...), and then the Twerking story!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  8. Hawaiianmark

Hawaiianmark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure a great way to go with friends; wonderful read and super handpay!

9. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hand pays!!!!

10. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 3 – last full day/night
    We began the day with our usual Bloody Marys and Mimosas. Then spent the next few hours relaxing at the beach. I planned this because 3 of my friends were just about out of their allotted gambling money. It was also a nice change for me, because whenever I go to Vegas with my husband, or by myself, all I do is gamble, drink, sleep, repeat. So it was real refreshing to see Vegas through Virgin eyes again, and nice to slow down and enjoy all that Vegas has to offer besides gambling.
    We have another friend that knows the chef at L'Atelier, so she made reservations for us there for an early snack/lite dinner before the Jabbawockeez show. The chef was off that day, but he told his assistant chef to “take care of us” - whatever that meant! (we were hoping a free dinner...). Everything was perfect – we just let him send out whatever he thought we wanted, and all of it tasted as good as it looked. Sorry to all you foodies out there, I can't tell you what we had, let alone pronounce it or spell it. The desert consisted of several treats, the best was that little round red ball thingy – it came out as a ball, but then they poured hot chocolate or something on it and it started melting away, and opening up. I do remember one of the wines we had – it was a Pinot Noir called “Failla” - very good, and hard to find – at least in Texas.

IMG_2115.jpg IMG_2116.jpg IMG_2117.jpg IMG_2118.jpg IMG_2120.jpg IMG_2119.jpg IMG_2121.jpg 0146c5b5530f7e48cc9f4fdddc03dd46df27968550 (960x540).jpg

SIDE-NOTE: Our 1st dinner experience was so fantastic here, so dining at L'Atelier was going to be the highlight of my trip with our husbands – and it turned out to be one of the worst experiences I've ever had in Vegas. It was so bad, it was actually humorous. First, we arrive 10 minutes before our reservation, so they take us to the waiting room next door (at Joe Robuchon's) There were six of us in this little room with no one else in it except a bartender. He casually asks us if we would like a glass of champagne while we wait for our table – so we say sure. Five of us are served pink Champagne – nice, but nothing special. We sit there about 20 minutes, then start to complain. Finally they come get us, but first, we are presented a bill for $385 for 5 glass of champagne and one Crown & Coke! That's over $70 a glass!! We quickly drink up every drop, because we sure weren't going to waste it! Then we are seated in the restaurant – at the same table as before. I could hardly eat anything because fruit flies kept landing on my plate – I kept sending my plate back and complaining, but all they would say is “oh it's because of the flowers next to you”. There was nothing special about the presentation, or taste of this dinner – and it certainly was NOT worth $1500. That's right, we spent $1800 for dinner and drinks for 6, which would have been fine if it compared to my first dinner there. OK, side note rant over.

We were enjoying our dinner so much, that we were real late for the show. I've been to see the Jabbawockeez before and really enjoyed it, and since the VV's were both dance teachers, I knew this was the show for them. My host got us great seats about 8 rows up, dead center. Since I had been before, I kinda knew what to expect, and highly suspected that one of us would be picked to participate. So I got one of the VV's to sit on the aisle. Sure enough, the Jabb's came up and took her to the stage. They grabbed one of her hands and put it on the stage (the stage was waist high, they were all on the floor), then they grabbed her other hand and put it on the stage – leaving her back towards the audience. Then one of the Jabb's started moving his butt in a slow circular motion, and prompted my friend to do the same. - Keep in mind the Jabb's are all twenty-somethings, and had no idea that this pudgy middle aged woman would do what she did next. She started twerking so well that you could tell even the Jabb's were shocked! I was laughing and screaming so hard – I totally forgot about getting a video or at least a picture. It would have been totally worth it – even if they did kick me out for filming! After the show, everyone was coming up to my friend and high-fiving her and commenting – most thought she was part of the show!

jabbs.jpg

This was my most enjoyable trip with great friends. “Drunk 1” & “Drunk 2” are the VV's (Vegas-Virgins), and that last picture is what Drunk 2 got confiscated by TSA on the way home (how appropriate!!)

photo 3.JPG photo 4.jpg

Thanks so much for reading - hope you enjoyed it. :wave: I loved re-living this trip, and I'm really looking forward to the next one! :beer:

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A very fun trip report!

12. sunny123

sunny123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved your report - sounds like you all had a ball.:nworthy:

13. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a great time reading this report. You all looked like you had so much fun.

Absolutely LOVE the last picture. Too frickin' funny.

Thanks for entertaining us. Just great!

14. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing the fun!

15. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What an epic trip. Lots of handpays, comps, suite rooms, luscious lunches, twerking.....sweet! It's nice to see a group of ladies show us how it's done.

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great pics!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  17. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the comments everybody! This was quite an effort for me to get a trip report done. It makes me REALLY appreciate all of you who take the time to write such detailed reports, and do it so well! :wave:

18. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR Great pics

19. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing!

20. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like really fun trip. Thanks for sharing