1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Unexpected surprise!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Leeza14, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So excited I had to share: Husband usually has to be coerced into a Vegas trip (although he loves going, his work schedule is tough to break away from). Last night, he said, "I just don't know what to get you for Christmas. How about we just head to Vegas in January for a little break?" I thought I'd misheard him, but not wanting to break the spell, I ran to the computer to book it.

Allegiant must for once be feeling the pinch the first couple weeks of January, too, at least out of cold and snowy Iowa. I booked us tix for a grand total of $525 (this even included all the ridiculous fees and seat choices as well as Trip Flex) and then got our comped (plus resort fee now -- grrrrrr) rooms. Even paying the $100 resort fees, $625 for a four-night vacay is pretty darn cheap, especially since we usually pay more than this just for air.

We thought that we'd go the first week in Jan, but cooler heads prevailed and I checked the events schedule. No way are we going during CES, so we chose the second week. Thankful I learned about checking things like this from this board years ago. Hoping to see Absinthe this time around and that the Bally's Bizarre (oops, Bazaar) shops are open by then.

This will be our third time out since May (a new record for us!), and I'm every bit as excited to go again as I was either of the first two times. The place just never gets old. :) Glad I have this outlet to share my excitement -- most of our friends just don't get it, and I'm sure they are tired of listening to it. Ha. :beer:

2. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's good to be you! Smart to go book it the MINUTE the trip was offered!

I understand the excitement, bonus trips are fun! Looking forward to it will get you through December!
    diane

3. shirbo5598

shirbo5598 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time. Hubby and I are heading there in March. Figure by then we'll need to get out of the cold for a while. Haven't been there in 10 years and can't wait to get back.

4. wisconsin willie

wisconsin willie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great minds think alike. I just completed the same thing for my wife. We fly out of Rockford on Allegiant. Even paying extra for seat selection seemed to be very reasonable. This will be our fifth trip, again staying at Bally's (love the central location.) Our trip is at the end of January, so it will be good to get away from cold Wisconsin for awhile. Please let us know how your trip goes so we have some new ideas.

5. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way to jump on it!

6. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL! I like the way you think. ;) I'd have that sucker booked within a few minutes as well! Quickly, before he changes his mind!

7. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice. I wish my husband would offer me a trip for Christmas...lol. In fact, he never suggests it, it is usually me booking and making the plans...just like this upcoming trip. Booked this summer and told him 2 weeks ago..LOL

8. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha -- yes, it's the only way to go! Book it quick before he realizes what he said! :)

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bet that is one Christmas present you don't want to give back.

10. TrixieM

TrixieM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dream gift: "Don't know what to get you so how about Vegas" trip. Someday....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.