1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Have you ever booked an Expedia package and not used the room?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by 1LuckyMomma, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking flights soon and I realized that Expedia packages with 1 night hotel can be cheaper than just a flight on it's own! Has anyone done this? We already have a comped room at Bally's. We may/may not use the other room. Any problems awaiting us if the room booked in the package is not used?

2. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    None at all. I booked a package on JetBlue. I commented to reservations that the package would save me $200. She said people no show package rooms all the time.

3. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've booked both Vegas and Reno packages through Expedia. There is no link between the airfare part and the hotel, other than that both are reserved through Expedia. Expedia doesn't know what you've used and what you haven't. They get their slice regardless. So, no worries.

4. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Started to book the package today and then Alaska lowered their fares. We were able to book directly with the airline but I will definitely keep watching package deals for future trips and just adding one night to them! March trip is now booked!

We flew Allegiant last time and had to pay $40 per bag. Alaska is only $25 so I feel like I scored already!

5. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

$40 A BAG!

and I thought $25 a bag was a crime

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this is popular with people coming from places where the airfare is usually high. They compare package vs non package and grab whatever is appropriate even if they're comped at their choice hotel.

7. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allegiant also charges $12-15 if you want to pick your seats. Crazy but usually cheaper fir us when flying out of our small airport.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.