1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

150k November PH Poker Tourney

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by Boxcar, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxcar

Boxcar Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Guys-

I'm a long time lurker- first time poster. I'm playing in the 150K poker tourney at Ph on 11/22 & 11/23. It's a special invite i'm sure anyone with decent rating received that gambles at Total Rewards. I was wondering- what do you guys think about it? FIrst time accepting an offer (it's like 3 days comped, 40 bux free play, and free entry) and I was wondering what you'l think is the rebuy and how I should approach it.

Good luck anyone else playing.

2. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, these are held every month or every other month they just are at different properties, one month harrahs, the next the quad and so on. If it is the same as the one I played in you will play at a 9 or 10 handed table, and the winner of each table advances. The blinds raise very fast so at the end it becomes pretty much a luck fest. Like the other poster said, if are already going to be in town you might as well take advantage of it for free, but I personally would not do the $250 rebuy if it is offered. There are much better daily tournies if you are using your own money.

4. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry but I don't agree at all with not taking the rebuy. I'm not sure exactly what the payout structure is but with 150k prize pool compared to the likely number of players the implied value would seem to make a rebuy a no brainer, even more so if your planing a trip around this.

5. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone playing this tournament? I'll be giving it a whirl.

6. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went in Sept. Do not rebuy. Terrible structure. There were 1200 players in Sept. Prizes are free play only . No cash

7. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh...1200 players? I should just avoid and save myself the headache.
    I like free play better. No taxes.

8. vinniemac274

vinniemac274 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be there as well. Three weekend nights is a sweet offer, the poker tournament is a fun diversion (the way I'm looking at it!).

9. StickChangeWinner

StickChangeWinner Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boxcar, I'm playing this as well, except my offer was for Jan, and it's at the flamingo. Please let us know how it all works out--i'm sure many are as curious as we are. Good luck.

10. StickChangeWinner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could any of you report on your experience with this? Total players / places paid. Skill level of the field, luck factor, is it well organized? I'm considering the one in January and any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

11. StickChangeWinner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could any of you please provide details re: the experience? The more the merrier. :). Thanks

12. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played. Got bored. Done in 4 minutes. Poker is not my game and lack the patience for it. I did learn though that trip that poker players are terrible blackjack players. Hitting 12 against 16. Staying on 14 against 10. Sigh. Made for a terrible weekend.

13. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I told you to let Bobby play for you :poke:

14. StickChangeWinner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Thanks for this. Well I can tell you with certainty that THIS poker player is a great blackjack player. And craps player. Unfortunately. ;)

Can you tell me roughly how many entrants there were, and how many prizes they were giving away? Also, did it seem well-organized? Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.