1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay sold out- any reason for concern?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by willywilkes, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I am posting here instead of the MyVegas thread as I think it is the more relevant forum, but I have one night booked on 12/11 at MB through MyVegas and I was just looking today curious on how rates were for that night and found that MB and Delano are completely sold out. I looked it up and the VFX Mega Show America is 12/9-12/11 at MB (expected attendance 30k) so I am assuming that is the reason.

My concern is that while I have a confirmation number, I don't get any email confirmation due to booking from MyVegas and the room can't be confirmed online, does anyone think I have any reason to be concerned that they may be overbooked and there will not be a room available? I am supposed to land in Vegas around 640pm. I am not really expecting issues but since I have no written proof that I booked that room for that night, it does make me a little nervous that I would be denied somehow. Am I just crazy? I know I can call their reservations line with the confirmation number and should be able to get a verbal confirm, but I would wait until closer to do that...

On the flipside, since it is a convention that has them so booked, maybe I can get an upgrade out it since I assume most travelers are probably using up the standard rooms?

Thanks for any feedback!

2. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why dont you give MB a call, and they can confirm your res, or email, then you will have something on paper.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you concerned about being moved to another hotel instead of MB or about sleeping on the street? Give the a call, if MB wants your room, maybe you can negotiate an nice upgrade at a different hotel.

4. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    didn't you get a confirmation number from myVegas when you made the reservation? That will hold the room.

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you called and booked your room it will be there for you :)

MB is sold out all the time, they are the convention capital of the world haha. I wouldn't worry except about annoying conventioneers everywhere LOL! Also.. "sold out" is a loose term in Vegas.

Just call Mandalay Bay and say you are confirming your reservation. I'd say the absolute worst thing that could happen is being bumped to Delano ;) which isn't bad at all haha.

6. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope this happens to me next year. I'd even offer to pay for an upgrade charge to Delano given work is paying for the base room. Is this a regular upgrade option at MBay check in?

For the OP, I hope you get walked to Delano if they bump you.

7. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Thanks for the reply folks, I do have a confirmation # and I haven't called yet but I will- just makes me nervous that I have no email or anything physical I can prove that I booked the room (I guess my concern is that they will say they don't see my reservation anywhere). Upgrade to Delano would be nice, but they are also showing as sold out (I know it is all a capacity numbers game and may not mean much of anything anyways).

FYI for DBear, when I stayed at MB in July I asked about a complimentary upgrade to thehotel- they offered to let me move to new Delano rooms for $50/night (was staying on another myvegas comp in standard room). This was before the official change over so I don't know if it is a different situation now.

8. Diva21

Diva21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at MB for 3 nights on MyVegas rewards during the Jeweler's convention/expo thing. The hotel was completely sold out for 2 of my 3 nights. I had absolutely no issues at check in, they combined my reservations so I didn't have to change rooms. But there were no upgrades available and I ended up with a fine room on the 6th floor. Restaurants were jam packed, valet was for registered guests only during that time and there was a ton of extra security, but that was due to the fact that all these people were carrying around expensive jewels.

You'll be fine with your reservation.

9. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll find the NFR rodeo crowd there at that time, with a big vendor show in the back. Might be other groups as well. Don't hold your breath about an upgrade, especially arriving late.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, I might pay to be upgraded there as well! I don't recall being asked to upgrade very many times lately, at any property... maybe 1 out of 6 trips was I offered some type of pay upgrade. If you want it I'd ask.

Also, yea I stayed at MGM in September, god it must of been the busiest weekend ever. No issues at all, pretty sure they aren't going to take reservations they can't honor... not intentionally at least, and its not like you booked a really specific suite or something like that. I mean we are talking about hotels with 3-5,000 rooms, there is always a room somewhere I'd assume.

11. shermanleroy

shermanleroy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hotel is sold out b/c there is 30,000 people attending an import/export trade show at that hotel during your stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.