1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best way to spend $140 resort credit at Aria over 2 days?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Bluskies, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my upcoming trip to Aria, one of the perks is that it includes a $140 resort credit. They limit its usage to restaurants there, the Cirque show Zarkana, and the Spa...charging it to your hotel bill and deducting it at checkout. I am making the trip by myself, and I would like to get your suggestions on how you would use it (eliminating Zarkana, which I have seen). Serious suggestions, thanks.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have a ton of places to eat. Should be easy to use it up there - see list

And, drinks at any bar as well.

3. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I highly recommend Julian Serrano for one of your meals. I think the food is a bit overpriced at Javier's, but I like the atmosphere and *love* their margaritas.

4. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved Javier's. The food was good, their salsa is good, and the margaritas are very good.

I wouldn't recommend the Aria buffet for lunch or dinner, but it was good at breakfast.

Jean George has an early dining/pre-theater meal for $69 that looks good. Someone posted about it in their TR.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on what you're into. If you like spas, Aria is the best on the Strip. you can use the credit just for access to the amenities or you can get a treatment and get access along with it. That would probably expend your entire credit, however. If you really like to eat, aria has a lot of excellent food. Most of it, however, is not inexpensive (550 and, arguably, Javiers are the only places at Aria I can think off the top of my head that are relatively inexpensive and very good). so your credit is probably only going to cover a meal or two. Really, you can't go wrong. If you're undecided, I would recommend one great meal at Julian Serrano. Its my favorite restaurant on the Strip

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with both sentiments. We also have a credit for our trip (at nearly the same time)--only $100, though. My wife is doing the spa which will obviously blow through the credit (and more) at once. We hear great things about it, though. I concur about Julian Serrano. We are also big fans of Five50 pizza (we had it two days in a row last trip). I never buy expensive coffee and pastries in "real life," but I love 'em in Vegas, and the Jean Philippe Patisserie at Aria is a great place for that. (Right near the elevators, too.)

7. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestions. Being a guy, I am not much into spas, but I did look at the prices just out of curiousity and agree it could take the whole credit. I have been considering the professional shave for $45.

I've also thought it will mostly go to food but the thought of eating $140 worth of food for two days was intimidating.

Thanks for the info about breakfast at the Buffet being a better choice than lunch or dinner.

Does anyone know if I buy a pastry or two from Jean Phillippe - as opposed to sitting in their cafe - can be charged to the room?

I've also been interested in the 3-course menu special of $19 at Julian Serrano and the $39 tasting menu early evening menu. Anybody have a preference?

Plus I had heard you could nibble relatively inexpensively at American Fish's happy hour, but they closed?

LOL, I seem to be planning this out as elaborately as I usually do my evening shows schedule.

8. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, American Fish is gone. And you can charge the JP stuff to your room

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  9. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    with these "credits"

if you do not want to do a full dining at a restaurant. (pizza, buffet, café) type of guy.
    I stock up on over priced water and drinks for the room or
    I ususally gets chocolates or pastries for the flight home. Or a sandwhich for the flight or something like that.

FK

10. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We charge everything to our room, buffet, Five50, late night Gelato (Yummo) morning Coffee from the Roasted Bean, Spa treatments. At the end - they take off the Resort Credit, and you can also use your Reward credit for anything remaining. Even if you aren't into spa treatments, get a day pass and go use the steam room, the sauna, and check out all the spa has to offer.. it is TOP NOTCH!

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The have the most fantastic spa! You could do a shave, or a haircut, pedicure? Those wouldn't require you undressing if you aren't comfortable with the spa. I didn't think I would be a spa person, but that spa was incredible! Relaxing in the salt room and trying out the stone beds, it's pretty neat.

If you have every meal there you could probably make it $140, pretty hard when you are solo... have room service! Eat at the cafe which is very nice, the buffet is good. Julian Serrano is wonderful! you can sit at the bar there so it wouldn't be that bad solo.

12. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't blow $140 credit at the Aria on gelato or pizza or the buffet. Too much great dining options. Try a few places.

Perfect opportunity to eat well.

13. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    in Vegas these days and especially at the Aria, it will be easy to spend the $140 on food alone... enjoy!

14. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be no problem to spend the $140 on your first meal your first day at Aria.

15. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Javiers ia amazing also 550 pizza for a snack.
    I could eat at javiers each day. Enchiladas suizas ftw!

16. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a spa-type of person, as I said, but I was just reading online that there is a way of just paying $30 for an all-day facitility pass (non-services) at Aria. Has anybody tried that? One thing that someone wrote about, too, is that it is better to spend $30 and just relax and not be blowing it all on gambling. By the way, in a situation lke that, would you tip, how much would you tip, and WHO would you tip since you would not be having asny massages or the like?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  17. cuteje

cuteje Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The day pass there is great. The Aria spa has really top notch amenities for men, if not the best on the strip. You would be tipping the ones who stock snacks, towels and toiletries. In my experience as a girl, I would tip them well if they go above and beyond such as bringing me the hidden curling/flat irons, or substituting soap for me due to ingredients in the shower that would give me allergies...

Other than Julian Serrano, I also reccomend Sage for dinner or a pre-theater prix-fix meal if available, pastries/coffee/gelato at JP, buffet for breakfast...

18. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.